AnsweredAssumed Answered

Broken driver

Question asked by freezerain on Dec 15, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2016 by freezerain

Hi all! I have HP pavillion 15-ab128no, i just buy it, make fresh windows 10 instal and used for a while. It has APU a10-8780p with on-chip r7 gpu and additional R7 m360 well i think it has...

So the first problem i get with previous version of crimson drivers that i instal, is when im playing LoL in fullscreen and alt+tab for cat-pics sometimes its crashed, well not a big problem, i change to borderless windows mode and lost 20 fps. Also im modelling with maya 2017 and in really simple scene i have viewport lagging, not updating changes and etc. Everything is new remember? I was hoping that next driver release will change something, but after update ReLive version its go´s mad, i do full clean install with DDU last version from safe mode and install it again, still lot of bugs, i make AMDulitlityclean in safe mode, make minimal instal and its even not show GPUs in device manager. So i redownload and reinstall 5 or 6 time for last days and its always same with different bugs, here what i can remember from last update

-At least on 1 update there was black screen for 30 sec when go from fullscreen mode in youtube, gone after one of update

-After every boot windows keep saying that configuration of my pc is changed and restart need to be done. Appear in differents update

-Photoshop CC freeze when opening any pic

-Screen go`s black ad windows bip like device was unconnected and connected again, its happening all the time even when i type this. Sometimes its turning back sometimes only hard restart can help.

-My gpu change in device manager from R7 m360 to R8 m365dx that's happening right now after my screen was black.

-Substance Painter freeze on start up and show me in logs that ¨there are error in GPU driver´ its gone after my last update for now...

-After first update to ReLive revision lags in viewport 2.0 in Maya was gone, but its back

-Thief 4 with last patch make my gamma too bright with mantle turned off, same with vulcan API in dota 2 (funny that fps drop for 10 with vulcan turned on)

-CCC isnt showing in tray anymore on some update its possible to enter in it with right click on desktop, but sometimes even there i don't have a button

-Windows tells me that ¨driver need to have signature¨ so i restart in safe mode and turn off signature check then do clean instal but it doesn't help.

-I have 1 bsod with audio lag and error loop in GPU driver while watching youtube.

-My laptop restart if i try to turn on VirtualSuperResolution feature

So i was trying to make clean instal with amdcleaning utility and DDU, instal minimal driver 50mb and base driver 500mb downloads with manual specify my processor and gpu but its just the same pack for everything. Can you make me advice how can i make my system stable at least once?

My install order:

-Go to safe mode and clean old drivers with DDU or AMDulitilty

-reboot and instal driver

-reboot

Outcomes