AnsweredAssumed Answered

Debate: Favorite RTS

Question asked by nelstar15 on Dec 14, 2016
Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 by red5

It's been 2 weeks since we introduced our weekly debates on gaming.

So far, we've gone over FPS and RPG games. With some intriguing outlook, we've dug not only into what you love, but we've also hit on what makes gaming special to each and every one of us.

From the "first of" games, to just plain favorites, I feel like we're getting to know each other better.

So we will continue this week with our FAVORITE RTS titles. Real Time Strategy games are a beast all their own. They make us rage in multiplayer, but can capture our hearts with beautiful story telling. We can zerg, build, or just gather resources in the path to destroying our enemies. No matter how you play an RTS, the love for them is real.

I was introduced to the RTS genre with Warcraft 1, and throughout the years, I've played more of them than I can count. Some were amazing, and some were absolutely terrible. I saw my skills in RTS's evolve through the years with games like Red Alert, StarCraft, and Halo Wars. But, there has only been one RTS that truly changed my view on the genre as more than just a pick up game.

Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal was, and still is, the only RTS that I could non stop and never tire. From the story to the game play to the multiplayer, WCII just executed everything perfectly to me.

I actually had this conversation on my stream last night, and go on for an hour about my love for WCII (I did last night, so I'll spare you).

So with that, I want to hear from you. What is your favorite RTS of all time?

Outcomes