3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 10:30 PM by codetholic

Crsimon 16.12.1 causes GPU to overheat

icemyth

Hi,

After installing the new Crimson 16.12.1, my GPU ideal temps are like 50-60c, and when gaming it goes up to 75c+ which never happened before. Also after the 1st install and restart my screen went black before I sign to windows so I had to force restart.  Now I went back to 16.11.1 which seems the best one for my GPU, and anything after that causes problems and in games things are loading very slow.

My PC Specs:

CPU: AMD AMD Phenom(tm) 9950 Quad-Core Processor, 2600 Mhz

GPU: AMD XFX Radeon R7 360 1050MHZ 2GB DDR5

MB: Gigabyte M61PME-S2

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular

Edited:

I tried again after using AMD clean install utility, but same problem my GPU almost reached 80c.

Something I forgot to mention MSI afterburn cant detect my GPU temp.

Thanks

• Re: Crsimon 16.12.1 causes GPU to overheat
          kera

I have some issues with new drivers. Windows won't start display driver correctly. I had not long ago same issue i think it was 16.6. and had flickering going on when entering windows, i restarted and everything worked fine. Now there is no flickering just graphic card runs poor (when i start 3 videos on youtube they start to play slower and slower, also games are unplayable (dragon age inquisition 10-15fps), 3D mark runs poor (time spy at 8fps). I restart windows everything is fine. Only 1st time of switching on PC that occures. Also graphic cards is getting hotter. Its OCed but never reached above 78C on older drivers, yesterday got 85C (thats when i do a restart so the windows can run display driver correctly).

I backed up on 16.11.5 everything works fine also when i start the PC 1st time (temps are below 80). 16.12.1 not working well with my graphic card on 1st (cold) start of PC.

System:

fx 8370e at 4.7 GHz

Asrock 990fx killer

16 GB kingston 1866MHz

MSI R9 390 8GB at 1150 MHz

PSU 750W

icemyth

I tried the new Crimson 16.12.2 and the same issues my GPU reached a new temp record of 83c. So I went back to 16.11.5 and now I am going to stay on it and will never try Relive until they admit there is overheat issue and a fix for that.

codetholic

I have the same issues, it makes my pc restarting because of the gpu overheating after updating to 16.12.2 any fix ?

My PC Specs:

CPU: Intel core i3-4130

GPU:  HIS Radeon R9 390X 8GB DDR5

MB: Asrock B85M-HDS

PSU: Corsair CX500