16 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 8:04 AM by pedasen

A10-7870k in Dual Graphic with R7 240

pedasen

Hello again!

I already read some threads regarding my problem and also posted a question but certainly its not so complete.

So I bought this R7 240 from Asus to run it in DG with my A10 7870k. I`m running the latest crimson software on Win10 x64.

It seems to be a problem with the frequencies of the RAM. When adjusting it to 1600Mhz in the BIOS...biosfqz.PNG

The taskmanager of Windows still sits on around 1333Mhz. But in Crimson it shows up as 800Mhz as well as in CPU-Z...

mem.PNGmem1.PNG

So in order to set the memory frequencies equally I adjusted the RAM to 1866 which results in....

crimIGP.PNGcrim240.PNGclose enough. Or not?

My question now... How do I get the corresponding frequencies? And what should they be?

main.PNGAPU.PNG

• Re: A10-7870k in Dual Graphic with R7 240
          redfury

Task manager on Windows reads frequencies of overclocked components incorrect.

"My question now... How do I get the corresponding frequencies? And what should they be?"- just use XMP frequency(2133) or 1866

You must enable XMP in BIOS. It may looks like DOCP.Just read manual to your motherboard

XMP.PNG

• Re: A10-7870k in Dual Graphic with R7 240
              pedasen

Hey, so there is neither an option for docp in the BIOS nor listed in the manual. When set to XMP profile 1 (btw there is only one...) it will show 2133Mhz in Bios and 1066Mhz in CPU-Z or crimson. But still I'm not able to set dual graphics in the "advanced" settings, this catalyst style one. What is it about to get the corresponding frequency? What should it be with this card? Thanks for your assistance!

Edit: Like so, sorry I`m using a keyboard without function keys. AND in GFX settings IGP is set to auto, not forced.

XMP.PNGxmpq.PNG