2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 8:16 PM by astrix_au

ReLive recording affected if PC isn't restarted between playing different games.

astrix_au

System:

• MSI R9 Fury X
      • Custom built PC
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Crimson Edition ReLive - 16.12.1
      • Benq XL2730Z, 1440x2560p, 144hz, Freesync connected by Displayport cable
      • ASUS Maximus VI Formula - BIOS 1603
      • i7 4770K - OC 4.5Ghz
      • Seasonic 1000w 80 plus Platnum
      • Kingston HyperX 16GB 16000mhz duel channel (2x 8GB)

Issue:

Hey guys,

The recording feature is working great in IL-2, Arma 3 and BF4. I noticed that If I record and then stop playing for a bit and if I go back to playing and try recording the game will keep freezing while recording for a few seconds every now and then. The fix is to reboot my PC every time I want to record between gaming sessions to ensure smooth recording.

Is this a memory leak of sorts? Same thing I think can happen after a really long 3+ hours of recording. in various lengths videos or a long single one.

I would think when you quit a game the frame buffer is totally released so AMD should see what is happening here degrading performance over multiple or extended sessions.

I love being able to finally record 1440p 60fps Just with BF1 wasn't affected with <4GB cards like the FUryX.

So looking forward to upgrading to a VEGA with HEVC and possibly the new RyZen!