5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 17, 2016 1:34 AM by atlasminor

Thoughts/Opinions on Crimson ReLive

black_zion

Thought I'd make a thread here about it. Post your thoughts and opinions on Crimson ReLive here, and mention any bugs you are having (as well as report it to the driver team at http://www.amd.com/report) but don't request help for them, do that in the Drivers section.

I like it, but there is work to be done. The addition of a clean installation option was long overdue and should eliminate the need for Driver Cleaner. Having an ability to record in game is also long overdue, though I hope additional formats will be available in the near future, .mp4 isn't exactly the most efficient of containers. Unlike MSI Afterburner, I can actually overclock my Fury Nano, it doesn't crash if I add a megahertz to it, however memory speed is still unable to be adjusted (that section doesn't even show), but it's been that way from day one, so it must be hardlocked.

It does have its downsides, however. Frame Rate Limiter is broken (both globally and on a profile basis) from Crimson, scanning for games (still) doesn't detect any (suspect it can't detect games installed on the non OS drive), and Wattman resets global custom clocks, fan speeds, and target temperature to default values after a reboot, meaning every game you play will require its own profile, a major pain if none of yours are detected. As mentioned on other sites, Radeon Chill works on a whitelist basis, so it's still fairly ineffective.

Here's hoping for a good Crimson ReLive 17.1.

• Re: Thoughts/Opinions on Crimson ReLive
          abi

My first impression is new drivers are amazing, hope they fix the bugs soon.

ambrose

Hello,

My first impressions with the ReLive are ok, I'm not sure if I will use all the features but given some time I may delve deeper into them. The one thing I try not to do however is pre-judge the New ReLive that everyone else seems to be doing. I think people have to remember that even though ReLive has been made available to us, I think people should not be so critical of it, as I feel that Relive was designed to be really implemented for the new AMD CPUs etc. So when this happens I feel things will work a lot more smoothly.

Think about AMD like a Ferrari Engine, sure you could shoe-horn it in your pinto LOL but it will work a lot better when it's a in the Ferrari itself.

AMD Rocks keep up the good work.

Cheers, AmbroseF P.png

P.S. For  Your Viewing Pleasure.....

nitroviper

It works great at first ALT+Z brings the overlay up and I can choose to record or instant replay. After a round or two in Rainbow Six Siege it doesnt work anymore. The overlay will not come back up. The shortcuts will not work either, Ctrl+shift+R and Ctrl+Shift+S. Nothing works unless I turn it off and on again in the radeon settings.

Coming from Shadowplay this is very annoying since that always worked and I make alot of youtube videos.

If I open the Radeon Settings turn ReLive off and then back on it starts working again....

atlasminor

Have a older 300M series notebook that I decided to sit on win10-1511 unitl issues were resolved and I saw a actual driver to finally upgrade to the AU, and ReLive has done just that for me. Very happy to see all hardware read/recognized properly.

Although I have some thoughts.

AMD BIOS signature verification is BACK in the stack, meaning modders and manufactures alike will be punished by this along with anyone that has made changes to the BIOS be it OC or simple fan tweaks, will not see ReLive or the Crimson overlay load at all with the system ending up using the built in fallback VGA it has , if any if not I'm guessing Black Screen again all round.

If your just finding this out by reading my post, and are having serious trouble getting the new ReLive installed/  loaded, you can find some workarounds on TechPower and few OC blogs,

Other than that, ReLive  has worked wonders on my end. Happy New Years Y'all