4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 6:29 PM by savagebeastzero

AMD Service Request Feedback

cong36c

Hey peeps I sent back my FX-8320E because it died for no reason. They sent me some emails saying that thing has been approved, and they are waiting for a reply from me, but at the top of all their emails it says 'plz dont reply because this was an automatically generated email' or something like that. This is the latest one:

I have checked all of my folders in my mail and there is nothing that tells me to reply somewhere.

"

This is an automatically generated email. Please do not reply.

Dear Clemente,

You recently contacted AMD Global Customer Care.

If you submitted your request electronically, we have sent a response

to your inquiry and have had no reply from you in the last 10 days.

If you have not received our response to your enquiry, please check

your email spam filter for an email from: tech.support@amd.com . Please

ensure to add this email address to your safe sender list.

If you are unable to locate our response and/or require further

assistance, please open a new ticket under:

http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/

If your questions have been answered and you don’t require further

assistance, we would appreciate you taking a few moments to rate your

experience with us.

Please click here to find 7 simple questions.

http://onlineservices.amd.com/survey/Default.htm?svyID=SR_CSAT&lang=EN&trxnCd=0050569C6F951EE6ADD1D3D70FBF6AA6

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care

This email is a direct result of your contact with the AMD Global

Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to

unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you

directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational only. AMD

makes no representation or warranties with respect to the respect to

the accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves

the right to change such information at any time, with or without

notice.

"

That's what it says so I need some help on the next step. I called their phone number but the recording said that everything is done online now, and then hung up.

• Re: AMD Service Request Feedback
          savagebeastzero

Hey cong36c,

As seen below, the automatically generated email they've sent you states the following:

If you have not received our response to your enquiry, please check

your email spam filter for an email from: tech.support@amd.com . Please

ensure to add this email address to your safe sender list.

If you are unable to locate our response and/or require further

assistance, please open a new ticket under:

http://emailcustomercare.amd.com/

So as directed, you must locate the email they've sent you, which is likely misplaced in your email spam folder inbox by performing a search

for tech.support@amd.com. Once located, ensure you add it to your spam filter exceptions list, so any further contact AMD tech support sends

you doesn't continue to be sent to your spam folder, thus delaying any future contact they may require while resolving your issue.

Then after ensuring those steps are completed, you must respond via that correspondence as it likely contains further guidance on the status

of your RMA and what steps you may need to take next.

If by chance, you cannot locate the email they describe in the automatically generated email, you will have to open a new support ticket once

again. Although this might appear a terrible chore, it's not as bad as it sounds. Just make sure to include your previous ticket number within the

information you provide and it should expedite the process accordingly.

As a precautionary measure, I recommend that if you by chance do have to open a new ticket as explained above, make sure to include

secondary email that they can contact you with if needed, explaining that you authorize that secondary email to be Cc'd throughout any further

contact. This will ensure that if by chance you're not receiving AMD support emails via your primary email due to your email carrier experiencing

technical difficulties, you will receive AMD technical support emails nonetheless.

I hope this helps, good luck and have a nice day.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              cong36c

Alright, applied the filter to gmail "in:anywhere tech.support@amd.com" and there was nothing that said for me to reply to an email that they sent me.

I have already sent the processor back, and they said that it

"

This is an automatically generated email please do not reply

Dear Clemente,

Product         Serial#         Result

______________________________________________________________

*************   *************          TEST/INSPECTION PASSED

Next Steps

You will receive an Email notification when your replacement product is

ready to ship.

Best regards,

AMD Global Customer Care.

____________________________________________________________________

This email is a direct result of your contact with the AMD Global

Customer Care and not part of a campaign. There is no need to

unsubscribe to this email as you will only be contacted again if you

directly request another service from AMD Global Customer Care.

The contents of this message are provided for informational purposes

only. AMD makes no representation or warranties with respect to the

accuracy of the contents of the information provided, and reserves the

right to change such information at any time, with or without notice.

____________________________________________________________________

"

So I'm going to open up a new ticket and mention the RMA# and ticket number and that should expedite the process.

Okay I'll do that and let you know how it goes, thanks!!

cong36c

So just as about when I was about to sit down to type up a new ticket, my doorbell rings, and the FedEx truck drives away, and there is a package at my door. The new processor! I open it up and find, to my surprise, an upgrade to the one that had broken! The one that had malfunctioned was an FX 8320E, and the one in the package is an FX 8370E! This is the same socket as the old processor, so it should work great! Thanks @