9 Replies Latest reply on Dec 20, 2016 7:30 PM by nikolaikorvus

AMD ReLive Audio recording problems

ixim

ReLive is actually phenomenal provided that I fix these audio issues I've been having as of late. One good thing in ReLive is that it's pretty compact and streamlined to use, as opposed to general clunkiness of fraps. Not to mention the size difference(1min RL = ~200 MB, 1min fraps = ~4,5 GB; the latter obviously requiring a dub to downsize that terabit bitrate monstrosity). I'll show you just what I'm on about:

2016 12 10 22 54 - YouTube

That is how it sounds from ReLive

Tyranny - YouTube

This is how it's supposed to sound(fraps redub)

...what's going on here? I mean, I am aware that the difference in the audio bitrate is substantial(250 kb/s ReLive vs 6150 kb/s fraps / redub), but that ReLive sound sounds ...broken.

I also can't access ReLive in SWTOR. The app where it'd be the most useful(you have no idea what an optimisation that'd be!). It's almost like it can't penetrate deep enough for SWTOR to recognise it.

• Re: AMD ReLive Audio recording problems
          thesloppysniper

It seems to be recording audio in slow motion I noticed this with my CSGO recording.

nikolaikorvus

You must set your audio sample rate to 24bit/48000hz or lower via playback devices, properties, advanced tab. You must do this for each individual playback device that you wish to use for recording or streaming.

ixim

So you want to say that I've to LOWER the settings? Sorry but that isn't intuitive at all. My first instinct was to RAISE the sample rate.

They need to work overtime to fix the audio issues. No question about that, a lot of people noticed just this problem.

I also don't know why it doesn't want to work in SWTOR. I press ctrl+shift+r and nothing happens. I've enabled recording desktop etc. And I can't ask there because of a STUPID system in place where you've to sub to ask a question on a forum(wtf). I've never seen that before or since lol.

nikolaikorvus

Yeah, apparently lowering to 24bit/48000hz works for most people who are experiencing this issue, including myself, when I go higher than that I get the slowed down audio issue as well. AMD definitely needs to release a hotfix soon for many issues, not just audio in my case. My current issue that remains unresolved is the fact that no matter what setting I use for recording, low, medium, high, custom, the video always comes out stuttering/lagging. Anyways, back to the audio issue in recording, I noticed even OBS Studio caps at 48000hz, but at least they don't make you change your actual audio system settings to 48000hz, it just simply records at 48000hz. AMD needs to do this as well. And since YouTube even supports up to 96000hz, AMD should take that into consideration as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    ixim

I also wanted to say it fixed the first issue for me.

Now about the second issue...

battlereaper

Same problem here.

One thing I've realized is video and audio timecode is different. When I was recording a replay, it has a 6 secs of video stream and 22 secs of audio stream. Something has to be done with audio encoder ReLive has.

One solution I can give is you can post-edit your video to Premiere or similar software and stretch in audio stream to match the video duration.
                    But for live streamers, nothing can be done until AMD give it an update.

I use a HD 7790 and a Phenom 955 btw.

vudux

im using a soundblaster Z and the sound for recording BF1 is like you guys tell is like slow motion

vudux

Hello there

Yes Niko i downscale in Windows  the settings to 24bits/48000hz going good now

i think maybe on radeon next  fix would be good if when you begin to record or streaming automacally the audio settings changes

thanks anyways

nikolaikorvus

UPDATE: You are now able to record videos at any audio sample rate you want, as long as you update to version 16.12.2

1 of 1 people found this helpful