1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2016 5:12 AM by redfury

Installation problems HP AMD Radeon HD 8350

macdralle

This is what I'm working with:

HP p6550z

CPU: 3.2 GHz AMD Athlon II X2 B26 processor

500 gb hard drive

4 gigs memory

I just got an HP AMD Radeon HD 8350 off Amazon used and I'm trying to get this thing installed. I installed the hardware into the computer and went to get the drivers off the website, but I'm having issues with it. Just ran DDU again after fumbling around with drivers (both manually and automatically from the AMD website) and I'm going to try this process again soon. Couple questions:

In device manager, I'm not seeing the new radeon, I have my monitor plugged into the mobo VGA adapter because plugging it in to the GPU doesn't register the monitor. Curious if this is an issue towards discovering the device.

When I run the installation, I chose custom and I'm not seeing anything about installing GPU's. Just the other stuff. I think it might be because I'm not discovering the device.

Just ran an installation of the correct driver that I'm seeing online and all I get is the Radeon HD 4200 installed on my computer again (it's default with my desktop)

Could anyone give me a run down of what to do with a new driver?

• Re: Installation problems HP AMD Radeon HD 8350
          redfury

AMD Radeon HD 8350 may not be compatible with HP p6550z motherboard.

If you can't see it in device manager then PC is doesn't recognise new video card at all.

Try to reset your BIOS and reinstall HD 8350 into PCI-E slot more tightly.

You may need to check your motherboard behavior in BIOS- choose "onboard vga on if no external vga"(or something like that)