32 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 8:43 PM by spikeypup

Why can't i use ReLive on r7 250 ?

dufy

Без име.jpg

why ?

• Re: Why can't i use ReLive on r7 250 ?
          yarmeli

I can't use it either on my R9 280x.

Hopefully the'll send a patch and fix this

redfury

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Have you tried streaming?

Radeon ReLive  is compatible with desktop discrete AMD Radeon™ GCN and Radeon RX 400 Series enabled products with at least 2GB of VRAM, AMD VCE Support and Windows® 7/8.1/10 64 bit operating systems. Radeon ReLive is currently considered "as-is" beta level support for 32 bit operating systems.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              dufy

i try to stream but nothing happens

dufy

AMD FX-6100

AND Radeon r7 - 250 2gb GDDR5

Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx

5gb ram

dufy

windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack1  i try 2 times to reinstal but i dont try clean install i will try this too

dufy

fsdfsd.jpg same ..

dufy

same im done

ar1hur

i have same problem...

wiemeyer

I cant use relive in my r7 250 1gb gddr5 saphire , Does not appear in the options, Drivers 17.1.1 relive edition

relive.PNG

redfury

1.Delete C:\AMD folder

2.Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 17.1.2 driver

wiemeyer

Thanks for the fast respond.

I deleted everything like you said, installed it again and... it was the same problem.

redfury

Have you seen "Install ReLive" button after driver update process?

ReLive2.JPG

wiemeyer

No. I tested with version 16.12.2 also but I have the same problem.

redfury

Try to install Relive manually.

Execute amddvr64 file from folder   C:\AMD\Win8.1-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-17.1.2-Jan25\Packages\Apps\CN\amddvr\amddvr64

ray_m

Radeon ReLive  is compatible with desktop discrete AMD Radeon™ GCN and Radeon RX 400 Series enabled products with at least 2GB of VRAM, AMD VCE Support and Windows® 7/8.1/10 64 bit operating systems.

I do not believe the R7 250 includes a VCE encoder required for ReLive.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                                                    wiemeyer

It seems that it is so, thanks for the answer.

spikeypup

@RAY Actually isn't the R7 250 part of GCN and VCE 1?  Wikipedia:  "(GPUs of the Southern-Island-Generation (GCN 1.0: CAYMAN, ARUBA (Trinity/Richland), CAPE VERDE, PITCAIRN, TAHITI, OLAND) which includes VCE 1.0", similar to my old R9 255X I believe, which I was using the AMF SDK with to perform encoding, albeit not the most feature rich like I enjoy now with the RX480 on the latest VCE/GCN.  Currently I have the R9-255X in another AMD APU system performing Relive DVR without any issues...but read next paragraph...  As for the RX-480 I've already done a lot of testing using both AVC (H264) and HEVC (H265) and the performance has been great with beautiful quality and typically less than 1-3% impact on frame rates or overall performance if at all while recording 1440P @60FPS using 40Mbps Bitrate Target, and honestly I think it's my aging X58 I/O system more than the VCE impacting the performance directly. But I digress...

NOW ALL THAT SAID... I've ALSO had problems keeping RELIVE available in the drivers/panel since their introduction.  I'll either go through an install and everything will be perfect, then a day or two later, Relive is just GONE, poof.  Now this problem seems to be more prevalent in mobile systems with switchable graphics or desktops with both an APU and discrete adapter installed at the same time, the worse scenario and unfortunately most popular being that the drivers install the less powerful APU GPU as primary and the discrete as Secondary Linked, or Disabled.  I benchmarked using Future mark 3D to verify if this was cosmetic or what was happening and yes, if it says something is disabled, it's disabled, but linked...well I got surprising results, when adapters were in the linked state with the discrete as primary, I actually got better performance than when it was just the discrete as the primary with the APU GPU set as disabled, so perhaps there is some optimization or paralleling being worked on to that regard within the drivers at this time, but it was interesting to note as the performance gain was I believe between 2-3% when comparing graphics scores.

Anyway, so what did I do to get Relive back and also ensure that my discrete was set to primary? A lot.  but it's not hard, just have to be patient:

As with all advice dispensed please understand your mileage may vary based on many factors, this is simply a set of steps I think worth noting that may help you in your endeavor. 

First Scenario

For system with just a discrete/PCIe Radeon Gfx card installed (NO APU/Onboard GPU CHIPSET), I performed the following:

1. (See Red Fury's Post with Links Above or here: https://community.amd.com/thread/209005#2777651 ) Use DDU to uninstall ALL DRIVERS, especially if you switched from Nvidia or your Intel HD graphics, be sure to have DDU uninstall those as well.  *Under options you can set it to delete the driver folders such as C:\AMD and c:\NVIDA etc.  This all needs to be done from safe mode.

2. Typically perform the fist step using the Uninstall and Restart Method since your card is already installed, if you will be installing, use the Shutdown option instead.

3. Once your computer has rebooted, locate the 17.1.2 drivers you downloaded and execute the installation.

4. Choose Custom after clicking on the right hand panel of the installer labeled "Local Driver", then select "Custom / Custom Install"

5. Ensure that all items are checked for installation, as for profiles those should be more for switchable/mobile graphics scenarios so typically you can leave it unchecked, but I have found no harm in checking it for installation as if the feature is not needed or leveraged it seems to be either ignored during install or flagged off as a feature, so whichever you feel more comfy.

6. Once all items necessary are checked, select "CLEAN INSTALL" button should be the lower right.  This will take longer but should ensure doubly so that you'll be starting from scratch display driver wise.

7.  Once installation is completed and it presents you with the restart countdown, I just wait and let it expire and execute the restart on its' own.

8. Once the computer is rebooted, immediately login so that the installation can continue normally and without threat of exceptions etc.

9. Upon successful installation and assuming your card meets the basic requirements for RELIVE, which it seems like the R7 250 Should be qualified, you'll be presented with an additional installer prompt, it will say "YOUR GRAPHICS CARD IS ALMOST READY...." and give you an option that says Install Radeon Relive?

10. Click on Install/Install Radeon Relive.  It will continue installing for just a few moments, not very long, and then it will say it is all done, with a Restart Now and also a Close button.  Don't be impatient, you've come this far!  Select restart now, and allow it to reboot.  Upon reboot cross your fingers and check to see if the Relive option is there now.

11.  Please see also the footnote at the bottom of this message about how to successfully upgrade from one version to the next to keep Relive and configurations of GPU Order/Connection intact, at least so far for me.

Second Scenario

For a desktop APU system with both an integrated Radeon graphics and a discrete PCI-e graphics card, or a mobile APU system with both an integrated Radeon on the APU and a separate Radeon Mobility Gfx Chip:

1. (See Red Fury's Post with Links Above or here: https://community.amd.com/thread/209005#2777651 ) Use DDU to uninstall ALL DRIVERS, especially if you switched from NVidia or your Intel HD graphics, be sure to have DDU uninstall those as well.  *Under options you can set it to delete the driver folders such as C:\AMD and c:\NVIDA etc.  This all needs to be done from safe mode.

1A. Open Device Manager (Windows Key + X then select device manager from the list), select display adapters, find the adapter that you want as secondary, essentially it will be the R7/R5/HD on your APU in most cases as your discrete or additional (in mobile case) chip is typically your more powerful and desired choice.  Once you have located which adapter is the APU based or lower powered one, select it, right click, and select disable.  Click Yes on the warning box.

1B.By performing the previous step I find that it helps assert and lock-in the selection of the device left as enabled as your primary GPU.  Don't fret about the disabled GPU at this stage, I'll explain later.

2. Typically perform the fist step using the Uninstall and Restart Method since your card(s) is/are already installed.

3. Once your computer has rebooted, locate the 17.1.2 drivers you downloaded and execute the installation.

4. Choose Custom after clicking on the right hand panel of the installer labeled "Local Driver", then select "Custom / Custom Install"

5. Ensure that all items are checked for installation!  FOR LAPTOPS AND MOBILE APU/DISCRETE COMBOS ESPECIALLY TAKE NOTE !!!! Ensure that you CHECK YES for AMD Application PROFILES to be installed.  Those are critical for switchable/mobile graphics scenarios and for some mobile units may be required for proper functionality even with the APU integrated GPU disabled, This will enable the power play settings in "Additional Radeon Settings" panel, that allows you to assert how the system chooses between the APU GPU and the Discrete "Performance adapter" based on your power settings or scenario, or per application.  It comes with many popular apps already configured, but it is easy to figure out should you need to use it to setup your own apps to route to the correct GPU.  This will be dependent if the lower power adapter slides itself back into configuration on it's own or not, I haven't discovered the mechanism by which this happens yet although I think Window Update is a likely culprit and is also a culprit in why Relive sometimes just disappears etc.

6. Once all items necessary are checked, select "CLEAN INSTALL" button should be the lower right.  This will take longer but should ensure doubly so that you'll be starting from scratch display driver wise.

7.  Once installation is completed and it presents you with the restart countdown, I just wait and let it expire and execute the restart on its' own.

8. Once the computer is rebooted, immediately login so that the installation can continue normally and without threat of exceptions etc.

9. Upon successful installation and assuming your card meets the basic requirements for RELIVE, which it seems like the R7 250 Should be qualified, you'll be presented with an additional installer prompt, it will say "YOUR GRAPHICS CARD IS ALMOST READY...." and give you an option that says Install Radeon Relive?

10. Click on Install/Install Radeon Relive.  It will continue installing for just a few moments, not very long, and then it will say it is all done, with a Restart Now and also a Close button.  Don't be impatient, you've come this far!  Select restart now, and allow it to reboot.  Upon reboot cross your fingers and check to see if the Relive option is there now.

11. Also take note as to whether or not under the Hardware tab of the drivers you see both adapters or just your discrete one now.  If you see the secondary it should be listed as such, either secondary or as "linked" but the important thing is that the PRIMARY is the GPU that you are expecting to find as primary.  If not, then you either need to go back to step 1A and disable the secondary adapter again (DESKTOP APU'S), then reboot and check again.  FOR MOBILE systems you can also try to disable it again, reboot and recheck, if it persists as  Primary, then you may need to use the Additional Radeon Settings panel and the Power Play Configuration options to set how your laptop will route GPU traffic, my testing shows that it does do what it is supposed to according to power policy or profiles setup, in cases where the integrated adapter failed to stay disabled or as secondary/linked.

11.  Please see also the footnote at the bottom of this message about how to successfully upgrade from one version to the next to keep Relive and configurations of GPU Order/Connection intact, at least so far for me.

Additional Note regarding UPGRADING in-place such as 17.1.1 to17.1.2:  I found that performing this upgrade or any upgrade from one version to another can OFTEN cause RELIVE to disappear, and almost certainly cause a removal of Relive as well as cause a configuration containing an onboard APU GPU to be placed as primary with a Discrete Radeon being placed as disabled or Secondary, even when the discrete is the ONLY port with a display attached!  I found this was the case pretty much every time when performing an upgrade and utilizing CLEAN INSTALL every time via Custom Install.  So I pondered and I'll spare you my logic and deciding where missing exceptions and handlers were and just say that:  If I just select Express instead, everything seems to stay intact configuration wise and it detects and updates RELIVE as necessary. After install and Reboot, everything comes up as it should, assigned as it should, and Relive where it should be.

Phew!  Sorry I know that was a long post, but I went through hours of all this so hopefully this helps you get to where you want to be, the RELIVE system truly is in my opinion a great piece of integrated easy to use DVR/Stream software with the tightest of integrations offering you virtually no impact to performance regardless of resolution, fps, etc. settings for the recording.  **Outside of your own issues of drive throughput, net throughput, etc.

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!  HaHa and I really only meant to come tot he forum to post a feature request....50 minutes later.... here we are lol

Cheers and Good Gamin'!

Patrick / aKa Spikeypup

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                            spikeypup

Dufy,

Please take a look at this post from Redfury and Ray, they nailed it for this question, and unfortunately it's a lack of support of the VCE on certain versions of some cards.  Read Ray's post first then Redfury's for more detail on this and to test your compatibility, the tool is pretty blunt and will tell you in plain English if your card can run Relive or not.  I agree with Redfury, they need to make a clear compatibility list and get the web team a little more enabled on updates, I mean RX series isn't even mentioned in a lots of places where it is valid to mention it, and there isn't even an online resource to describe the driver settings in detail, since the drivers themselves don't really offer any info on the settings either...les sigh.

Also in the future take a look at this great post from Ray here:  INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION , it really helps us all out when trying to solve an issue, it's VERY helpful   Thanks and sorry for the bad news...  If the test does come back with support enabled, repost and let us know...

Ray: https://community.amd.com/message/2777978#comment-2777978

Redfury:  https://community.amd.com/message/2778069#comment-2778069

-Patrick aKa Spikeypup