14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2017 2:32 AM by s.valentin

Can't start Radeon Additional Settings

s.valentin

Hi,

I just installed Crimson ReLive (Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1), and now I can't start "Radeon Additional Settings". Every time I get this error:

"Radeon Additional Settings cannot be started.

There are currently no settings that can be configured using Radeon Additional Settings."

I've tried uninstalling the driver 3 times (2 times using "Programs and Features", and one time using "amd cleanup utility"), but I still get that error.

Is there any fix for this error, or I just have to wait for a new update?

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Sapphire r9 390
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1
        • Re: Can't start Radeon Additional Settings
          mythi

Me too

i Cant open.. and i need that additional settings

xpredator13

I have some other problem, it says error cl.something. The workaroud was to go manually to C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD\CNext\CCCSlim\CCC.exe and run it as ADMINISTRATOR! Thats the only thing that allowed me to set my screen to full RGB mode...

s.valentin

That doesn't work either. I don't know, but I'll say it is a problem with the driver.
                I tried to see if it is a problem on my side, so i did this:

- Download again the driver;

- Uninstall the driver using "Programs and Features", then I used "AMD Cleanup Utility";

- Install Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1;

Still not working.

Then I uninstalled the driver using "Programs and Features", installed "radeon-software-crimson-16.11.5", and for that version of the driver I have no problems.

Then I tried to install "Crimson ReLive Edition 16.12.1" again, but still not working, not from Crimson Preferences tab, not by trying to start it manual (WITH Administration rights) from Program Files x86.

But knowing how they release another version soon, I hope that one won't have this problem too.

kingfish

Whether it works for you or not is not the point. The point is ..it's already been asked...your answers/responses wouldn't be any different.  Asking the same question over and over won't change that. What is the point? Report it like all the rest of us. AMD Issue Reporting Form

s.valentin

That actually depends. If the problem was solved for him, and not for us, then the answer will not be the same for all of us. So if we don't ask it again, and say that it didn't worked for us, then how can we solve the problem?

And you should use Reporting form for something that you know for sure is wrong. But in the past (before Crimson driver release) some had this problem and found a way to fix it.

kingfish

The problems have always been solved from people bringing the issue to the correct people. That would be the AMD Driver Support Team. The way they are made aware is by people using the "Issue Report" form. At the bottom of every driver 'read me' download page is this statement:

AMD Issue Reporting Form

• This driver release incorporates suggestions received through the AMD Issue Reporting Form. To provide us with your feedback, visit the AMD Issue Reporting Form.

In addition, there is a new format incorporated into these ReLive driver suites.....

User Feedback Page:

The User Feedback Page enables a direct link for end users to the Radeon Software Team and allows users to provide feedback and vote on upcoming features for Radeon Software. The User Feedback page can be found here.

sourcen

Same here, first i didn't know how to completely uninstall AMD so i went to AMD on reddit and chatted with a guy that is supposed to be a worker in AMD for 3 days and he still didnt give the answer he just kept messing arround... and it took him fukin 10000 years to answer each question.... so i went to youtube because i was frustrated, got DDU uninstalled AMD installed again. NOTHING, FOR NOTHING, nice workers AMD, you know you should get full time admins to help on reddit or on your site, because this is rediciouls....

s.valentin

I found a temporally solution for Windows x64 users only.

First, you need "Radeon Additional Settings" from a previous driver version (I use 16.11.5, because there I have what I need). To get that, you can send me a private message and I can give you those files, but only from version 16.11.5, I don't have them from another version. Or (if you want to do it yourself) you can install any driver version you want (Crimson Edition, I don't know if it will work with older version), then go to "C:\Program Files (x86)" and copy AMD folder to another location. Then uninstall what driver version you used, and then install Crimson ReLive. DON'T FORGET TO RESTART YOU COMPUTER EVERY TIME IT IS NEEDED.

After installation is done, go to "C:\Program Files (x86)", delete AMD folder (you can make a backup of that if you want), but to be able to delete that folder, DON'T start anything from AMD, or else they may run in background and you won't be able to delete that folder. In case you started it by mistake, then restart you computer.

After you deleted it, simply copy the AMD folder you have from a previous driver you want/have, and you are done. Now you have the old "Radeon Additional Settings" with all the options you want. You can even start it directly from "AMD Radeon Settings" under "Preferences" tab.

3 of 4 people found this helpful
                          galthariel

Just had the same problem and found that Program Files (x86) had an AMD folder with a CNext folder in it. Inside the CNext folder, I've found another two folders, one called CCCSlim and another with a .tmp extension in the end. The content inside those two folders looks very similar although the CCC.exe  file (Additional Radeon Settings) in the folder with the .tmp extension was working and opening the Additional Radeon Settings.

What I did next was to uninstall the AMD Software through the Control Panel and then after the restart, delete the Program Files (x86)/AMD folder. I then reinstall AMD software (16.12.2) again and everything is working now as it should.

Hope that helps.

s.valentin

Yesterday I installed 16.12.2, and still I could not open Additional Settings. i had the same problem:

"Radeon Additional Settings cannot be started.

There are currently no settings that can be configured using Radeon Additional Settings."

Maybe you have RX 480, and for that it will work just with the official driver, but for R9 390 it's not working. So I had to do what I said as a temporally solution.