4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2016 12:00 PM by redfury

Incompatible Crimson ReLive drivers for R9 M290X

sparky076
      • AMD Graphics Card
        • Make and model: AMD Radeon R9 M290X (Shows up as AMD Radeon HD8970M in Device Manager.
      • Desktop or Laptop System
      • Operating System
        • Originally Windows 8 64bit. Upgraded to 8.1 64bit. Upgraded again to Windows 10 64bit.
      • Driver version installed
        • Radeon Catalyst 15.7.1 (Because literally every other driver keeps saying "Incompatible" for whatever reason. Like... WTF)
      • Display Devices
        • Just says Generic PnP Monitor. It's 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080), Anti-Glare, likely clocked at 60Hz.
      • Motherboard
        • Make and model: Don't know. MSI laptop mobo...
      • CPU/APU
        • AMD A10-5750M APU
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • MSI laptop...
      • RAM
        • Amount of memory installed: 16GB

Describe your issue:

• When attempting to install the new Crimson ReLive drivers for my laptop (suppose to have an R9 M290X as advertised by MSI), it states that there is incompatible hardware and that I need to remove it before installing. Not gonna happen because its a laptop. The last set of drivers I have from AMD are back from July of 2015... The AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 drivers. I tried just about ever single one since then and it doesn't work.
      • I use the auto-detect software and it says for me to keep with the current drivers installed, even though it lists the R9 M200X series of gpus as being compatible.