4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2016 5:14 AM by novacaine

Amd driver keeps trying to update?

novacaine

Hi.
      I'm about to pull all my hair out of my head, because the last year I've been fighting with my computer/amd drivers on/off.

My laptop are:
      Asus n56dy
      Windows 10 64bit
      AMD Radeon HD 8550G + HD 8600/8700M
      AMD A8-550M 2.10GHz
      8 GB RAM (2 x 4GB)

It all started when I updated to Win10 in July, there where some minor problems with my laptop itself which i fixed and everything worked fine. A few months after my AMD drivers updated and didn't work. I couldn't play any games, or control my brightness on the screen, but I didn't mind that much at the time. Then at some point my laptop all together stop working, and I had to totally clean install windows and everything. Cool.
      From there it worked absolutely smooth, I could play my games and do everything as I should. Unfortunately didn't I note what driver I had at that time, but I remember it being the Crimson Edition menu. 2 months ago something must have happened because I got problems again, where the drivers updated themselves and it stopped working. I've had luck with using Catalyst 15.1.7 (the driver that's recommended to my cards), but it keeps trying to update, which results in a fail message telling me that I miss drivers.
      The last few days I've tried installing both Crimson 16.9.2 and Crimson 16.2.1 (running AMD's cleanup utility before) none have worked, and I went back to Catalyst 15.1.17. The problem is just that without warning, it will try to update without luck, and I try to roll it back. And that's pretty much what I've been doing the last 5 days, just trying to keep Catalyst 15.7.1.
      It's frustrating, and I'm so close to just give up.

I hope it makes sense, and that someone can help me with what to do?