25 Replies Latest reply on Jan 21, 2017 10:18 AM by andrewro

ZEN and Vega launch date predictions: The AMD Community Psychic Friends Network

savagebeastzero

Hey Red Team

With all the rumors being spread like wildfire in the tech community in regards to both AMD's Zen series CPU's, as well as AMD's Vega series GPU's, I thought it would be interesting to see what the community's thoughts were before the New Horizon event on December 13th, 2017. During the New Horizon event more information will be presented and thus everything will likely become much clearer in terms of definitive release dates or at least more clear than its current state.

With that being said, I thought it would be fun if members of the AMD community forums attempted to select the launch dates for both Zen and Vega, before the curtain is lifted and we have definitive answers from AMD themselves. So, if this sounds interesting to you and you're down to have a little guesstimation fun with everyone in the community, let's hear your thoughts, whether it be an educated theory or just a simple hunch, no matter your level of understanding of previous tech releases, we're all on equal footing, because currently even the most rumor filled sites haven't dared begin their click bait "Zen/Vega releases on ______ according to our unnamed sources" **cough** "articles", because AMD has done a fairly good job at ensuring substantial information hasn't been leaked thus far.

So, here's how we'll do it.

Each member taking part must select an exact date they believe the initial Zen CPU and Vega GPU will release. Remember, that each member taking part is only guessing on the release date of the initial component, not the entire series. Thus considering such, your prediction doesn't need to include the exact model (ex: ZEN SR7 or Zen SR5), but feel free to do so, if you're feeling incredibly psychic at the moment. Yet, regardless the only aspect of this I am looking for is the initial release date, no detailed information needed to take part.

Why should you take part in guessing the launch dates of the initial Zen and Vega releases aside from just having fun?

The AMD community members that are closest to each release date without surpassing their chosen date will receive a game paid for by yours truly. Only one prize will be given per category (1 prize for CPU release date guess and 1 prize for GPU release date guess). That being said, if you just happened to guess the closest in both the CPU and GPU categories, then it was your psychic destiny and you will win both prizes as explained below! If that does happen, I'd also like you to guess a few lottery numbers for me as well (JKG)!

What game will I receive if I win?

The game title(s) the winner receives will be determined by myself at the time we discover the definitive release dates, but I will allow you to select from a list to ensure its in a genre that you're interested in, so you're happy with the game you receive. Doing it this way ensures that I'm not selecting a game that is irrelevant to the winner(s). The winner(s) will receive their prize within 7 business days after AMD has definitively disclose each respective release date. Considering the lack of information at the moment, we don't know which date will be revealed first, so we'll have to see how it all works out as we learn more. Yet, regardless it will take a maximum of 7 business days to distribute the prize to the winner!

What are the rules?

As in the example below, simply submit one ZEN release date prediction and one Vega release date prediction. No two members predictions can be the same, so remember to review the table at the lower portion of this thread to see if anyone else has already selected the date that you have chosen. If someone has already chosen the date you were going to use, select another date. The region and release date that is deemed acceptable is the official release date made in an official statement by AMD to media. If your region differs, that doesn't count. Only the initial official release date will be considered.

Zen release date predictionVega release date prediction
      Month/Day/YearMonth/Day/Year

Who can take part?

All AMD Red Team members can take part, this is a worldwide activity, thus all regions are welcome to join in on the fun! I will ensure that the winner receives a prize that can be redeemed in their respective region to the best of my ability! Remember, you must be a member of AMD Red team so if you're not a member, either inquire about how to do so within the forums, ask a Red Team Plus member or use google, it's always our friend. I will double check to ensure that you're an AMD Red Team member prior to distributing the prizes and if the winner doesn't qualify, I'll select a qualifying Red Team member as a replacement.

No AMD Employees can take part, nor anyone in position to know privileged information. Honesty is the best policy, if you know something then don't take part. Yet, if you know something I don't know, feel free to PM me and whisper sweet tech release dates in my ear!

What if there's a launch date leak verified by multiple legitimate sources prior to an official announcement?

I've decided that if there are any substantial leaks, verified by multiple legitimate sources prior to an official announcement, that no more entries will be accepted for that specific component (1 guess for CPU release date and 1 guess for GPU release date) affected and anyone using said leaked date after its "leaked" will be excluded from winning a prize for integrity purposes. So, I'll just research who leaked it and the exact time it was brought to light to the general public . I'll use that date and time as the cutoff for entries.

So, it's time to bring out your inner Nostradamus Team Red!  Welcome to the AMD Community Psychic Friends Network thread!

Screenshot_55.png

AMD Community Member NameZen release date predictionVega release date prediction
      savagebeastzero savagebeastzeroTuesday, January 31st 2017Tuesday, March 7th 2017
      nuclear20024 January 201724 January 2017
      goodplay10th Jan.201720th Dec.2016
      kingfishJan 23 2017Dec 22 2016
      L4dMonday, January 30th 2017Tuesday, February 28th 2017
      molokowFebuarary 10th 2017December 31st 2017
      b1alpha April 23, 2017Mar 25, 2017