2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 5:06 PM by hardcoregames™

AMD.COM main SSL server only supports insecure protocols

rox

I attempted to send the following message to the technical contact email address for the AMD.COM domain name. However, my email was rejected by their server because my email address was not in the list of emails allowed to send email to the address. So, I am posting it here to encourage all of you to pester AMD to upgrade their server so we can connect securely to AMD.COM website.

Greetings,

I was attempting to visit AMD.COM to see when you are releasing the new AMD chips that support DDR4 ram.

However, I could not connect to your site. As a general rule, I have instructed my browser to only connect to

SSL websites that support TLS 1.2. ( You can configure Firefox to only connect to TLS 1.2 sites by opening the

about:config URL and searching for TLS, then change the value of "security.tls.version.min" to 3 )

SSL Report: amd.com (165.204.85.12)

See all test results here:

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=amd.com

No support for TLS 1.2, which is the only secure protocol version. More info here:

https://community.qualys.com/blogs/securitylabs/2015/05/22/ssl-labs-increased-penalty-when-tls-12-is-not-supported

The server supports only older protocols, but not the current best TLS 1.2. Grade capped to C.

This server uses SSL 3, which is obsolete and insecure. Grade capped to B.

This server accepts RC4 cipher, but only with older protocol versions. Grade capped to B.

Certificate has a weak signature and expires after 2015. Upgrade to SHA2 to avoid browser warnings.

The server does not support Forward Secrecy with the reference browsers.

I'm waiting to buy a computer with an AMD CPU that supports DDR4 ram. Hopefully I can find one before Christmas!

Sincerely,

AMD Customer