After searching mutiple forums and trying various tips suggested, I haven't found an answer to this. I just bought a ViewSonic XG2701 monitor with the intention on using its FreeSync capabilities. I have enabled Display Port on the monitor, plugged in the displayport cable that it was shipped with but no signal was detected. There doesn't appear to be any settings in Crimson. The display works over HDMI. So far I have:
- Updated the graphics card driver to the latest version available
- Unplugged the the power cable from the monitor for more than a minute
- Unplugged and plugged back in the Displayport cable from the monitor and the graphics card
- Changed the power settings in windows to high performance.
- Installed monitor drivers
Is there anything I'm missing? Has anyone else had this issue and found something else that got it to work?
As for my system specs:
-Intel Core i5 2500k
-16 gb ram
-Asus r9 290
-Gigabyte z77 motherboard
-Antec 650 watt power supply
If I'm missing any specs, let me know and I'll get some more details for you. Thank you!