2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2016 10:10 AM by codar

Screen goes blank when installing Win 7. (eDP issue)?

codar

When I was installing Win 7 the screen went blank until I entered my details, I got round this by using HDMI connection. The Machine works fine until I clone the hard drive with Acronis then I get a blank screen.

Win 7 64bit

Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H mobo

AMD A-5400K Trinity CPU

Bios F7 ( I think - I did update it during installation)

8Gb Corsair RAM

600 Watt Corsair psu.

APU graphics HD 7540 D driver, version 15.201.2201.0

This seems to be a eDP  (Embedded Display Port) issue. Is there a fix for this please?

Thank You, Dave

• Re: Screen goes blank when installing Win 7. (eDP issue)?
          amdmatt

The integrated GPU inside your APU has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here. If it is indeed a bug in the drivers then it is not going to get fixed. As you confirmed it works using HDMI, i would recommend to keep using that.

• Re: Screen goes blank when installing Win 7. (eDP issue)?
              codar

Thanks for the link, I'll give the beta a try when time permits, what I'll do is clone a spare drive to try updating the drivers.

I've not tried Acronis cloning on HDMI.... another thing to try, I don't know why I didn't try it.

If it's only Acronis that is affected I learned that it could be a bug in the software - but I had it when installing Win 7, it got to the installation stage where you typed in the details.... meaning it can't be the drivers since they are NOT installed, I'll post back with the results in the next day or so.

Dave