5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2016 4:32 AM by redfury

hd7950

cozz95

So I have my PC connected to Philips 49PUT4900 TV with a displayport 1.2 mini to hdmi 2.0 adapter and a hdmi 2.0 cable from my AMD HD7950 graphics card and its currently working on 4k 30hz even though it should be 60hz at the same resolution. I have read somewhere about problem being amd drivers or chroma form, but I don't really understand what that is or how to adjust it ann the new amd software doesn't have any advanced options to configure. Can somebody please help? Also, I tried uninstalling amd drivers and the tv worked on 4k 64hz O.o , but I had to install them again because my monitor wasn't showing any picture. I found out the tv is not them problem as it can do 4k 60hz at any hdmi port, and the same applies to the adapter and the cable. Can somebody please help?

• Re: hd7950
          redfury

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Try to uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode   Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Then install the latest 16.11.5 driver.

cozz95

Ok, I did that and it didn't help. But then I went into radeon additional settings to set a custom resolution and set the refresh rate to 60hz and timing standard to CVT (whatever that means) and it worked. But now, I have no sound coming out of the tv although I can see it as an available playback device and choose it. Are these two things connected in any way? Also, the colors are kind of pale now and I can't access some picture options on my tv settings, but that isn't such a big problem as the sound thing.

redfury

What display port 1.2 mini to HDMI 2.0 adapter and a HDMI 2.0 cable are you using?

Not all such adapters can handle 4K/60Hz.

And HDMI 2.0 cable must be good quality for this purpose.

Sorry for previous post, but it was useful for your system anyway

Just revert all you have done in additional settings...

And what video outputs have your 7950?

cozz95

Both the cable and the adapter are adequate, I checked. Anyway, I sort of solved the sound problem by connecting my soundbar to the pc via bluetooth, so everything is working now I just have to play with the colors and stuff a bit to get it the way I'll like it. Thanks for the help though

redfury

You must use ACTIVE display port 1.2 mini to HDMI 2.0 adapter for 4K/60Hz.Check this info in product specifications of your adapter.

Glad you are satisfied with your solution, anyway