6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2016 12:20 PM by lysergic

AMD XFX RX480 Black OC Crashes/Hangs/BSOD (idle, load, whenever)

lysergic

I have been dealing with PC crashes on 2x rx480 xfx black oc 8gb crossfire setup since literally the day they came out. I have built a bran new PC and were having problems with hard PC crashing only when the rx cards are installed. Nvidia cards or any other cards run fine. So i then replaced each component of my bran new build with a better higher quality component. This includes, PC Case, CPU, Motherboard, Ram, 4x different PSU's, hard drives, ssds, power outlet, surge protector. I have re-installed windows 10 10-20 times. I have spent 100's of hours troubleshooting this problem. I RMA'd both of my cards and got new cards. I then installed liquid cooling which made my PC so silent that i could hear a capacitor buzzing on one of the cards, that RMA is in the mail right now and awating testing. XFX keeps trying to tell me its my problem and its my pc causing the issue. Although i highly doubt two sets of different bran new components can cause the same issue. The kernel41's seem to have slowed down which may mean driver issues. I'm at wits end. Never buying XFX or AMD ever again. I could put an Nvidia card in this machine and be off to the races no problem. Somehow we all got duped into buying a card released too soon with way too many power and driver issues and we basically paid to be beta testers.

If anyone can think of something i have not yet tried feel free. Thanks!

i5-6600k

850 corsair Gold rated PSU

MSI Z170a sli Plus

16gb kingston hyper x ram  

windows10 os installed on corsair SSD

2x xfx8gb rx480 black oc edition

corsair air 540 case

liquid corsair CPU cooler.