AnsweredAssumed Answered

MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8GB doesn't display 144Hz option on ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q

Question asked by wiikend on Nov 29, 2016
Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 by wiikend

Hello forum, first post here!

I bought an MSI Radeon R9 390 card a year ago, along with an ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q monitor. Both the card and the monitor should be perfectly capable of running 144Hz. However, when I go to Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Settings -> Monitor, it lists the monitor as "Generic PnP Monitor" and I only get the options of 24, 60, 85, 100 and 120 Hertz. I'm missing the 144Hz option! The monitor is using a Display Port wire that came with either the monitor or the GPU (I can't remember which).

EDIT: I went to ASUS' website and downloaded the PG278Q WHQL driver for Windows 8 (There was no option for Windows 10 or 8.1). Then I updated the driver through Device Manager by navigating to the driver location, and it now lists the monitor as ASUS PG278Q. However, I am still not getting the 144Hz option.

It may be worth to note that my setup is a 3-monitor setup, and every monitor is connected to my R9 390:

|  60Hz BenQ 1080p  |   |  144Hz ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q  |  |  60Hz random old DELL 1680x1050 monitor |

The other two monitors are wired up with DVI-D (single link) cables.

My Radeon display driver information is included in attached screenshot.

I know it's kind of late to try and fix this after a year of use, but I feel like I'm missing out on my spent money when it's not delivering at full potential.

Does anybody know a fix or could at least tell me why I don't get the option of 144Hz?

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

Outcomes