6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 2:19 PM by wiikend

MSI Radeon R9 390 Gaming 8GB doesn't display 144Hz option on ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q

wiikend

Hello forum, first post here!

I bought an MSI Radeon R9 390 card a year ago, along with an ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q monitor. Both the card and the monitor should be perfectly capable of running 144Hz. However, when I go to Display Settings -> Advanced Display Settings -> Display Adapter Settings -> Monitor, it lists the monitor as "Generic PnP Monitor" and I only get the options of 24, 60, 85, 100 and 120 Hertz. I'm missing the 144Hz option! The monitor is using a Display Port wire that came with either the monitor or the GPU (I can't remember which).

EDIT: I went to ASUS' website and downloaded the PG278Q WHQL driver for Windows 8 (There was no option for Windows 10 or 8.1). Then I updated the driver through Device Manager by navigating to the driver location, and it now lists the monitor as ASUS PG278Q. However, I am still not getting the 144Hz option.

It may be worth to note that my setup is a 3-monitor setup, and every monitor is connected to my R9 390:

|  60Hz BenQ 1080p  |   |  144Hz ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q  |  |  60Hz random old DELL 1680x1050 monitor |

The other two monitors are wired up with DVI-D (single link) cables.

My Radeon display driver information is included in attached screenshot.

I know it's kind of late to try and fix this after a year of use, but I feel like I'm missing out on my spent money when it's not delivering at full potential.

Does anybody know a fix or could at least tell me why I don't get the option of 144Hz?

Thank you for your time.