6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2016 7:37 AM by redfury

Display driver crash after setting voltage control slider to manual

mbk1989

Hello,

When I change gpu clock voltage slider to manual and apply it (in Wattman), display driver starts to crash constantly in games and changing it back slider to auto or restarting pc do not help and I have to uninstall (with DDU) and reinstall drivers to fix this issue. The interesting thing is, I am not changing any voltage value, I am only changing sliders to manual from auto. In addition, when I check voltage values on manual, state 7 voltage is 1150 mV. However, on auto voltage settings, voltage can rise up to 1225 mV during heavy games. I tried to downclock my gpu but as I said changing voltage slider to manual causes drivers to crash in every game. Do you guys have similar issues? I need help with this.

Additional note: I experience same behavior when I put my pc into sleep mode. After I wake my pc up, drivers start to crash during games and I need to reinstall my drivers.

Specs:

GPU: Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC 8GB

CPU: FX-8350 @stock

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P

16 GB RAM

PSU: High Power 750 Watt +80 gold

Drivers: 16.11.4 (have similar issues with other drivers)

Btw, I have never experienced black screen, red screen or driver crashes when I leave voltage settings on auto.