7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2016 7:10 AM by redfury

FX-8350 + M5A97 LE R2.0 & GTX 1070

lremnant

I'm gonna try to sum this all up quickly, the help would really be appreciated guys.

I purchased an 8350 along with the M5A97 LE R2.0 + a 970 ( at the time around two years ago ).

My computer has huge FPS drops and I believe that my motherboard isn't compatible with my CPU for what I'm trying to do with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that my motherboard is overheating and has been causing my bluescreens. (I didn't realize this until around a month ago when I upgraded from a 970 to a 1070).

I discovered this by turning AMD Turbo & setting it the system to "normal" in my bios instead of "optimal",

When I have TURBO on or have it set to Optimal my PC will bluescreen with a CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT during use.

The post I read that lead me here said that it had something to do with the motherboard not having what it needs to keep itself cool with the processor.

Running Battlefield One on any setting, as low as possible gets me 20 to 40 max.

Overwatch - 80

CS:GO - 120

H1Z1 - 40

Fallout 4 - 40

Killing Floor 2 - 40-60 (Rarely)

GTAV - 30-50

I seriously believe that I should be getting way higher numbers than that, right?

I wanted to upgrade my motherboard from the M5A97 LE R2.0 to:

MSI 970A Pro Carbon

or

Gigabite 990FXA-UD3

Since those are the most recommended motherboards and provide more heatsink support.

I thought I'd post here and see if someone could give me some advice before I spend anymore money, thanks guys.

Specs, just in case.

FX-8350

Cooler Master Hyper 212

M6A97 LE R2.0

G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB (One stick)

EVGA GeForce GTX1070

HEC-660TB 80 BRONZE 550W