This is a new PC build, and since I built this I have experienced the following problems.
Upon turning on my PC first thing in the day, sometimes:
- I receive no display input. My monitor shows nothing (fans and lights inside my computer all run as normal)
- I receive display input, but the display is BSOD with Driver Power State Issue as the error. (I've googled this error and followed the steps and advice of various websites like toms hardware and has not helped)
on the above occasions I turn off the computer and turn it back on.
Sometimes, when my computer goes into screen saver mode or sleep mode, when I try to wake it up. It just gives me a black screen (fans and lights inside my computer all run as normal). Again, I have to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I have stopped my PC from sleeping or ever going into any power saving mode now to avoid this problem.
Sometimes, the computer just crashes as I am in use. This doesn't occur as frequently, not like problem 1.
On all occasions, when I restart the computer, I get a notification "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure"
So I suspect it is my GPU, after googling it and googling results lead me here.
Also, I have followed the help from here Troubleshooting Common AMD Graphics Driver Installation Problems
I didn't go through the Display Driver uninstall as this is a new build and I seem to be using the latest driver and I should note I tried a fresh reinstall of windows 10 when I first experienced this issue to see if that would resolve my problems, so I think everything has been installed freshly twice anyway.
Any help would be super appreciative. Thanks.
Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 380
- Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed
- Radeon Crimson Software 16.6
- Make and model; ASUS H170 PLUS D3
- Make and model number; Intel i5 6500
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Silverstone Strider Essential ST50F-ES230 500W
- Amount of memory installed; 8GB