3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 2:09 PM by redfury

Graphics problem while running Fallout 4, crashes on startup

melancholylily

Hi everyone! My name is Hannah and I am really bad at computers, so please bear with me if I don't give all the information you need at first. I own a Dell Inspiron and my display adapter is an

"AMD Radeon HD 8730m".

I have previously played Fallout 4 before, with a display adapter that I cannot remember the name of. It worked perfectly fine, but then my driver updated to my current version. I found out that I could roll back my driver to the previous one, so I made it a habit to roll it back anytime I wanted to play (since Windows 10 auto-updates). But then my computer messed up and I had to re-download Windows 10. The re-download put 8730 as my display adapter and because I restarted, it didn't have the option to roll back my driver. Ever since then my game won't even start up. I have tried lots of different fixes that I've found all over the internet, but none of them have worked. I would think that it was just a problem with the game, except that I could play it fine on an earlier driver. Would downloading the previous display adapter fix it? And if so, is there any way to find out what my previous display adapter was?

If you need any more information, let me know. I'm honestly pretty technologically inept so like I said, please be patient.