6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 10:57 PM by techguy

fx8350 is heating

arihantjain2662

hey guys i bought a fx8150 there is a heating problem in that processor after replacing 2-3 times company gave me fx8350 but problem is remain

please suggest what to do for solution???

• Re: fx8350 is heating
          arcticwind

If you have the same problem with two different processors, the problem is not the processors.

Could be your cooler, motherboard, case, etc...

How about some system spec's...

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

Also, where you are getting the temperatures readings from?

arihantjain2662

i think this is a cooling kit problem bcz when i off my a/c then after 1-2 hour my pc got triped

can you suggest me a cooling kit for fx8350 processor?

black_zion

Sounds like you have a high ambient temperature, so I'd suggest a liquid cooler, such as the Corsair H80i.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  techguy

There are many threads in this forum on overheating FX-8350 CPUs that explain the numerous issues that cause high powered 8-core AMD CPUs to overheat. You should review these overheating threads  to resolve your CPU overheating issue the source of which is sure to be covered in these threads. Because the FX-8000 series CPUs have 8 real cores functioning all of the time they consume a lot of electrical power and thus require proper tower style HSFs designed for these CPUs. As noted in the other FX-8350 or similar FX model CPUs, the tower style HSFs from the Coolermaster Hyper 212 series and better are recommended. You will also need good airflow thru your PC case.

If your computer is operated in high ambient temps say above 85F for long periods of time under heavy load such as gaming, etc. then you will need one of the top HSF tower coolers. There are many reliable HSFs to choose from. You may also want to take note of the info. provided in the other FX overheating threads on the coolant leak and water pump liabilities of using an AIO/CLC style liquid cooler. No current product AMD consumer CPU/APU requires a liquid cooler for proper cooling. A less expensive and liability free HSF cost less, provides proper cooling and never leaks to damage PC hardware as AIO/CLC coolers have done and will continue to do.

The link below shows cooler performance and installation information for many PC coolers. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 HSF is often available for ~$39.95 from Newegg and it's one of the best CPU cooler bargains available and has been for years.

Coolermaster AMD Heatsink Temperature Comparisons - Hyper 212 Evo FrostyTech Review

Note: Depending on your mobo model and any mobo VRM circuit heatsinks, you may need additional VRM cooling when running any 125w or higher 8 core AMD  FX CPU under heavy load for long periods otherwise the VRM will overheat and throttle the CPU frequency/performance.

techguy

The introduction of a liquid cooler into any PC is a serious liability as liquid coolers do leak and damage PCs as reported in virtually every PC hardware forum online including this one. Those who lack the technical knowledge to understand that liquid coolers are inferior to a quality HSF dollar-for-dollar in cooling capacity can end up spending more money than necessary for a proper CPU cooler. Coolant leaks aren't the only issue with AIO/CLCs as water pumps frequently fail. There is a good reason why 99.9% of all consumer CPUs are cooled with a reliable, safe HSF.

AIO/CLCs were a gimmick dreamed up by marketeers to dupe the PC technically challenged folks out of their money. As has been demonstrated time after time here in numerous FX-9590 and similar threads, a bullet proof reliable HSF cost less and cools better than over 90% of all AIO/CLC coolers. The marketeers knew that the average PC enthusiasts had no clue as to the inferiority and liability issues associated with AIO/CLC coolers so it would be easy to dupe these PC enthusiasts and they did. When the AIO/CLC fanbois are unable to refute the very real coolant leak and water pump liabilities of AIO/CLCs (See Corsair forum for actual owner experiences with not one, not two but three or more AIO/CLC failures), they frequently resort to personal attacks on those who report these liabilities in the hopes they can deceive other PC enthusiasts. Those efforts are counter to helping other people and they are futile.

I always recommend that people perform due diligence on PC hardware purchases so they fully understand what they are getting or not getting. Once they understand the specifics then they are free to purchase whatever hardware makes them happy. Knowing that AIO/CLC coolers do leak and do damage other PC hardware and do this more often then the AIO/CLC enthusiast would like people to know is important to  people who desire reliable PC performance without the liability of liquid coolers.