AnsweredAssumed Answered

Code 43 on GPU, has appeared out of nowhere and happens no matter the card in either PCI slot.

Question asked by plasmeus on Nov 21, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 19, 2017 by jonbrochill16

CPU - Intel i7 4770K

RAM - (4X4)16GB G.Skill Ripjaws at 1866MHz

Mainboard - GIGABYTE G1.Sniper Z87

GPU - PowerColor Devil 13 Dual Core Radeon R9 390 DirectX 12 AXR9 390 II 16GBD5 16GB (8GB x 2) 1024 (512 x 2)-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support ATX Video Card

PSU - LEPA G Series G1600-MA 1600W ATX12V / EPS12V (way overkill but I got it at a steal)

So I recently upgraded to Windows 10 pro, been on it without issue for the past couple weeks playing BF1 until this week I noticed that when I tried to wake my computer from sleep it would boot to a black screen with nothing, I would hold down the power button for a hard reset and then press it again then everything would boot up just fine. However today that is not the case, no matter how many times I would reboot it nothing would happen and I thought maybe I had a bigger issue since I saw the lights on the gpu power up and the fans spin, however just to try I entered my password and everything and heard the computer log in, I plugged my hdmi cable from the monitor into my motherboard and it seems that everything boots just fine however the card goes unrecognized I suppose.

Here is an image of my device manager showing the error code 43 http://i.imgur.com/cF52pDh.png

So it shows one of the gpus with the error and the other fine I suppose since it is a silly dual gpu single slot card. However even when I plugged in my old R7850 it came back with the same error code

I have run the gauntlet of everything I can think of as someone who is not super tech savvy, I tried reseating everything I could get my hands on, tried changing the PCI slot, I have run DDU multiple times in safe mode or tried deleting all the drivers from the pc and reinstalling everything however it keeps coming back with the same code. I did a clean install of windows on a new SSD and the same code came back immediately without me even manually downloading the AMD drivers

I have checked forums,done everything I can really think of trying to get this thing to fix whatever might be wrong with it but nothing is working, any help would be greatly appreciated

Outcomes