AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX480 normal core voltage?

Question asked by nikospot on Nov 21, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2016 by nikospot

Hello, I was happy owner of an XFX RX480 GTR - 8GB at 1288MHz, but now I am worried because I did something wrong by mistake.

More specifically I would like to ask what voltage should the core have at auto settings with stock clocks and stock bios? Is it ok to reach 1.150V?

The reason I am asking is because I was testing some overclocking in some idiot program (sapphire trixx) and when as I was increasing core clock I was also selecting voltage +50mV and pressing apply. After a while when I brought the trixx program in foreground again, the slider alone had gone at +200mV. The problem is that I didn't noticed that and I first changed clock and pressed apply. I realized it fast so I didn't run any rendering program before I change it again to the right voltage.

But I am worried if I degraded the chip at this voltage and now maybe it needs more voltage to work properly. How can I test if everything is ok and also can I be sure that this will not cause any problem in the future? I am not interested in using the card with OC for daily usage. I was just testing the card for its overclocking abilities and some benchmarking.

Thank you!

PS: Maybe someone with the same card could run a Unigine Valley in Extreme HD settngs so I can see if my card performs the same, because I haven't kept any benchmark in stock clocks before I make this mistake.

Outcomes