AnsweredAssumed Answered

help setting up crossfire

Question asked by adansomething on Nov 20, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 by redfury

so i'm trying to learn how to configure crossfire, i have 3 devices capable of crossfire and i would like to know wich ones should i select, i have two r7 240 2gb and my r7 apu

before coming here for help i went ahead and tried different combinations one was with the APU as a main and the other one using the r7 240 as a main (i'm guessing the last option uses my two graphic cards) one of this configuration sucked and the other one sucked a little less, the problem is that depending of where i had my monitor plugged the performance actually changed by example i was able to play the division with a steady frame rate using the r7+r7 240 configuration with a twist the r7 240 is plugged into the second space of my motherboard (scince its stuck there) but when i played R6S my pc was heating up my framerates were stable but the rendering of the graphics was really ugly and this is the game i play the most, having this issues with r6s made me explore all the options

i guess my question is wich combination of devices should i use for crossfire? and what should i do to get the most out of my configuration?

Outcomes