3 of 3 people found this helpful
I will give them a try and report back.
I received my "second hand" PowerColor Nano (No Warranty) from Ebay a couple of days ago and I have started testing it.
I am running Memory Tests using various software in the link above.
I will be giving brief description of using the Memory Testing software later.
The Nano is a very impressive card indeed.
I have tested the Nano at stock clocks (I will not overclock the card until I check it at standard settings and give feedback to the Ebay Seller that the card is o.k.)
- It beats my Crossfired and Overclocked to the limit Sapphire HD7970/R9280x in Tom Clancy The Division Benchmark on Ultra.
- It gives comparable 3D Mark Firestrike results, without overclocking the Nano.
- It supports Freesync whereas Freesync is not an option for the Sapphire HD7970/R9280x. I have enabled freesync on the card - will test that later.
( I needed a new monitor recently and I made sure I bought one with AMD Freesync - it is only a low cost entry level 22inch 1080p Viewsonic with AMD Freesync (44Hz-75Hz)).
- It runs Borderlands 2 on 2560x1440p at a much higher Framerate than my Crossfired Sapphire HD7970/R9280x.
- It is a tiny card and fits perfectly within an Akitio Thunder2 Box. The 8pin Power Socket faces the rear of the card and this means I can even supply power to the Nano and run the PCIe power lead out the back of the Akitio and close the Akito Box.
- Power Consumption is much lower than the Crossfired cards.
- The Nano is much quieter than my Crossfire Setup.
- Based on benchmark results it performs better than an RX480.
I bought the Nano because of its small form factor (Akitio eGPU) and also because it outperforms the RX480 based on all the benchmarks I have seen to date.
I know my HD7970/R9280x are old (5/4 generations old) and the Fury is 1 generation old but wow, what an improvement in performance, size, power consumption and feature set.
Anyone out there who is currenty running older cards like I do and is on a limited budget may want to consider purchasing a second hand R9 Nano.
Memory Testing feedback to follow.