AnsweredAssumed Answered

HD8570M driver freezes entire Windows

Question asked by iraz on Nov 18, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 by kingfish

Hello!

I have a laptop. Lenovo G500, Windows 10 with latest updates ( Version 1607, OS Build 14393.447) with Intel HD Graphics 4000+AMD HD8570M and I have a big problem with latest graphics drivers. Latest driver which works is "non-whql-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.5.1-win10-win8.1-win7-may3". After this version, every newer driver freezes entire screen with mouse cursor when installing AMD Display Driver.

I tried to wait two hours, but it just remain stuck. If I hold the power on/off button, it tries to boot normally, but when Windows shows "login in" it freezes and I can't do anything. I need to enter in safe mode, use Display Driver Uninstaller and install again the old versions to boot succesful. I tried to uninstall the driver with Display Driver Uninstaller many times in safe mode and from Device Manager and reinstaling, I tried to stop windows to automatically update hardware, I tried on clean install Windows with and without Intel HD Graphics Driver and others, but I've zero succes. When I try AMD Driver Autodetect, the problem remain. Now I use Display Driver from 16.5.1 version and others drivers and programs from latest AMD Driver Installer and it works well, but I want to update to latest drivers so the problem is 100% from AMD Display Driver.

The problem isn't a hardware failure because everything works well with older drivers, the temperature is normal, normal FPS in games, no BSOD, no problems in Event Viewer.

Please fix this problem because is really frustrating.

Outcomes