2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 3:33 PM by redfury

Help needed!

roaming_mage

So my PC is Win 8.1 64-bit, and I have in it A4-6300 APU with Radeon HD 8370D GPU. I recently updated Firefox to version 50.0 and

then the problems started. If I watch 1080p videos on Youtube, I can hear the sound, but the videos don't play well at all. I have to switch to

lower resolution (720p). I unchecked the Hardware Acceleration -setting from Firefox and that worked, but should I update my AMD -drivers?

My PC is two years old, and I haven't updated the AMD -drivers not once. Curiously, if I use Internet Explorer to play videos, they work fine! But

we all know that Firefox is a resource hog (I only have one extension, ABP). I really don't know what to do, so any help would be appreciated!

I snooped a bit and found these drivers: Legacy Are they the right ones for my computer? Witch one should I use, if I should update? And do

I need to uninstall previous, or can I just download and install the newer? I red somewhere, that if you have an APU, then you don't need to uninstall.

Or should I just wait and see, if the future updates to Firefox correct this problem? Oh, and my current AMD Catalyst version is 8.0.915.0, and my

Radeon HD 8370D version is 13.151.0.0.

• Re: Help needed!
          kingfish

These are the latest/last drivers for your computer...these are the only drivers you install > Legacy

I would use the 16.2.1

Make sure Win8.1 is fully updated from Windows Update before trying to install any AMD driver.

Here's how to install them > 

Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

Reboot

Install new AMD drivers

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

Disabling hardware acceleration in any browser that has video playback issues is the correct thing to do. I do it by default in all my browsers.

• Re: Help needed!
            redfury

I think it is a temporary bug of Firefox. But update your drivers is not a bad idea.You do not need to uninstall old driver. Installer will do it in a process of installation.

You may use any of those drivers.