19 Replies Latest reply on Dec 7, 2016 11:29 AM by kxuping

Dosey-Doe w/ Nelstar15: Red Team's Newest Community Manager

Howdy Y'all!

My name's Nelstar15, but feel free to call me Nel if y'all want to. I wanted to come these here forums, and introduce myself to y'all as the newest Community Manager here at AMD. Let me tell you, I'm very excited to be here, and to work with Erin, Kelly, and all of you!

So, let's get into the nitty-gritty about Nelstar15. Well first off, I've been gaming since I was a little whipper-snapper. Back in the days of NES and SNES you could always find me in front of the TV yelling at Link and Mario to do better. (I mean, when we fail in games... It's their fault, not ours) The 90's were great, but I never really stuck with gaming until a certain game released on November 15th, 2001. Halo: Combat Evolved changed my life, literally. I went "pro" with Halo 1 about 2 months after launch, and helped DOMINATE the Texas Circuits. It's with CE that I made some of my best friends and fell completely in love with the gaming industry. The rest, as they say, is history.

Fast forward to 2012, as I graduate from college with a degree in English (Wreck 'em Tech), I end up taking a slew of sales jobs to get a paycheck. About 2 years in, I discovered Twitch. After watching for some 20 months, I finally made an account on Feb 17th, 2015. On July 17th, 2015, I made the decision to start streaming myself after watching one of my good pals get partnered. My channel exploded in front of my eyes as I played SWTOR, ESO, Halo 5, and other of my favorites. In February of 2016, I made the decision to leave my sales position and pursue streaming full time. I was fortunate to do so for 9 months, and have had so much fun in the process. On top of being full time, I'm the member of a Charity Stream Team (Playing with Fire) that helped raise over $100k for charity this year!

Now, I'm here at AMD and CANNOT WAIT to get to know y'all. I'm so gosh darn excited to work with Erin to get some AMAZING ideas rolling, and better help y'all Red Team members. So, let's have fun together, and get some cool things done!

When I'm not at work, you can usually find me on Twitter @Nelstar15 or on twitch at Twitch.tv/Nelstar15. If I'm not on Twitch after work, I'm usually out with my friends drinking a cold beer (Austin local brews please) and playing Pub Trivia.

But enough about me, I'm here for y'all. So, I really want to know: Besides getting free things, what do you want to see in terms of benefits for being a Red Team member?

Y'all don't hesitate to reach out to me! I preach an open door policy for all things you want to chat about.

Y'all have a good day now, ya hear?

-Nel

P.S. Yes, my beard really is purple, but will be a different color soon!