1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 18, 2016 4:31 AM by redfury

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD after updating drivers Windows 10

electrictoes

Hello - I am having some issues with my laptop which have exhausted my (admittedly limited) knowledge and frequent googling attempts have not found a solution.

I have an Acer Aspire V5-122P and am running Windows 10 64-bit

I have an AMD A4-1250 Processor and my graphics hardware is AMD Radeon HD 8210.

Around 2 weeks ago I updated my drivers and suddenly began getting a frequent BSOD with the error Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver. After putting my laptop into Safe Mode and sitting with a friend for a while we determined the only change had been the installation of the driver so I rolled it back with the intention of updating again in the future, hopefully when another driver was released.

As soon as I restarted my laptop however, the desktop began constantly refreshing. I exhausted google in my attempts to find a solution but nothing suggested anywhere worked. I checked my laptop to see what changes had been made and nothing had changed but the rollback.

I then re-installed the drivers, and once again was plagued with the frequent BSOD. I have since then gone continually back and forth between BSOD and a constantly refreshing desktop and I am now completely out of ideas. I cannot find any solutions anywhere else regarding this so I hope someone will be able to help.

Most posts I have found elsewhere associated these problems with a recent installation of Windows 10, but my laptop has been running Windows 10 since it launched and these issues have only begun recently.

Thank you.