1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 3:29 AM by redfury

r9 290 not properly being recognized, can't install drivers

staryknights

First of all I'm on Windows 7 64bit.

For the past few weeks, AMD crimson software has been telling me there was an update for my card. Every time I would try to install it, it wouldn't actually update. Today I decided I'd just uninstall the drivers and manually install the new update. However once I uninstalled, my card now isn't properly being recognized. When I looked under device manager, my GPU was showing up something generic as "display adapter" (I don't remember the exact wording). I googled and googled and finally found a solution to at least install the display driver. I right clicked on it in device manager, went to Update driver software>Browse my computer for driver software>Let me pick from a list>Have Disk and found a file in the C:\AMD folder, which ONLY seems to have installed the display driver. However, I still can't get the install manager to install drivers. The only options it displays after analyzing system are: Application Profiles, HDMI Audio Driver, AMD Install Manager.

How do I get it to work again? Sure, I have the display drivers now installed but boy that was a round-a-bout way to do it, and it won't install the rest of the programs I'd like to actually be able to use....