8 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2017 11:32 AM by kingfish

New RX 480 restarting PC... losing my mind!

vannwinkle

I have looked all over the place for an answer and maybe I just over looked it somewhere but I suppose its just time to ask for myself. I just upgraded my pc from win 7 to 10 along with getting more ram and a new GPU. Yes, I upgraded from a HD 7870 to a RX 480.. I couldnt wait to finally be playing games on a higher graphic settings. After the Install I eagerly uped the settings and started to play Overwatch. About 3 minutes in, I get a black screen and hear the pc restart, I'm sure you have heard this story many times. It just keeps happening over and over I have no idea what it is. I have tried physically reinstalling the GPU, making sure all pins are in place, inside of the PC is dust free now, trying diffrent power cords into the gpu (using the adaptor plug that came with it now), drivers updated, even took out my processor and reapplied thermal paste. I just dont know what to do, the pc is fine for browsing the web but if I play any game other than minesweeper the pc will just restart after a few minutes.... please any other suggestions will help.

PC Specs

Motherboard - Asus z87-a

GPU - XFX Radeon RX 480

CPU - i5-4670K 3.4GHz quad core

Ram - 24 gig

Power supply - Roswell rx850w

1tb HDD

Just wanted to add, I can play games much longer when I lower the graphics all the way down... but I dont see what the point is of having a better GPU if its worse than the older one.