7 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2016 3:57 AM by redfury

Screen display became an artifacts

hasoha

Screen Monitor became artifacts after wake up from sleep mode. This problem occured when I playing games for about an hour, i close the game and put the PC to sleep mode. When i turn PC back on,  the display became an artifacts. There is no problem at all when I playing game. I buy new GPU and use it about 3 weeks. Please help. I want to know if this screen artifact problem come from AMD driver or my GPU.

Graphic Cards : ASUS ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING

AMD Driver Version : 16.11.3

Display Device : ACER K222HQL on HDMI (GPU) to DVI (MONITOR)

CPU : INTEL i7 4790K

Motherboard : ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

RAM : 16GB HyperX Beast DDR3 Memory

PSU : Cooler Master V850

WhatsApp Image 2016-11-16 at 8.43.45 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2016-11-16 at 8.43.45 PM (1).jpeg

• Re: Screen display became an artifacts
          guily6669

I have same GPU and never had that .

Go to the following link:

- https://www.asus.com/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-RX480-8G-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

Chose OS: "others" and download the bios update and update the bios of the GPU to the latest version available.

If you have installed Asus GPU Tweak II either uninstall it or update it to the latest version, same for the Asus VGA Aurea (all the updated software is on the link above, chose your OS).

Anyway use DDU app in safe mode to clean drivers and install the latest AMD driver.

DDU APP -> http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/download/DDU%20v17.0.3.0.exe

If it doesnt fix, try changing the HDMI socket to other and if you can try on other screen, like a TV or other monitor and see if the problem remains (also try with a different hdmi cable).

If the problem isnt fixed I have no clue what is causing it, but I would RMA the card, maybe someone here might have had the same problem and have fixed it, no idea.

In the past I had similar problems, but the GPU was dying or the screen was bad...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              hasoha

thanks man for help me out... i have try it about two weeks after i update gpu bios, first week it got no problem and i thought its gonna be ok but then its happen again.... i also update gpu tweak and aura to latest version... i can claim warranty for this gpu but i worry about its not gpu issue, maybe driver or my OS... the display will back to normal after i restart my pc... i think probably it is because driver not compatible with windows 8.1... maybe i should try change cable or try to other monitor... will update after i done that

aliquis1

Hello, almost the same thing happened to me.

I bought a MSI rx 480 gaming, tested the card for function but didn't use it much. About 2-3 weeks later i decided to do some gaming and the card started to produce artefacts.

I tried/checked everything imaginable (different drivers etc), didn't help. My guess is that its a hardware problem,  the VRAM on the card probably malfunctioned (i did run everything at stock settings).

What kind of puzzles me though is why it took some weeks for the card to get defective ( i didn't overclock), the card and my case have very good airflow/cooling.

Anyway, i can only repeat what the other poster suggested, make sure that the problem is not on the software side and if it remains i would suggest you do the same i did, RMA the card.

redfury

Driver for 4xxx cards is not... perfect for now. It may be a some sort of software bug , if you have no other problems while you play games.

I never use sleep mode and advise you to do the same. it is quite buggy mode.