4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2016 9:27 AM by lixon

Radeon Settings stops responding

lixon

Since i reinstalled Windows, because i had troubles with it, but since the past few weeks, whenever i install the Catalyst drivers, everything goes well for a while. Sometimes in a few days, sometimes after a week, when i try to open Radeon Settings, it fails with the message: "The AMD graphic driver is not installed, or it's not working properly. Please install a driver fitting the garphic card."

I don't see much of a problem using the computer, but it can be that just because the Intel graphic card steps in the way and do the work. (i rarely want to play games), but true in the past weekend i tried to play 2 games what are failed to work, but first i thought that maybe just my system doesn't meet the requirements for it.

I tried to reinstall the drivers 2 times. They always work for a few days, but than randomly when i try to open the Radeon Settings it shows this message. Besides that i have no information that the driver would not work, or got corrupted.

Any idea why is it happening? I have every Windows Update installed, except an Audio driver because last time that made my headset stop working.

I have an R7 M360 card, and the auto detect installs the Crimson 16.9.2. Once i tried to install the Optional updates too, but still it's stopped working after a few days.

• Re: Radeon Settings stops responding
          amdmatt

The error message 'No AMD graphics is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly' can usually be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps in the linked document, using DDU to remove your current drivers, and then reinstalling Crimson 16.9.2.

lixon

I tried it yesteday, uninstalled the driver fully, and then went to autodetect, what now by some reason failed and said about "No compatible graphic hardver can be found", so i had to find the driver manually. So i did, i installed it nicely, went smooth. After restart everything worked. But today as i turned the computer on, Radeon Settings gave the same error again. Think the driver works as it should be, but maybe not working fully.

amdmatt

That's odd. I have a feeling Windows could be trying to update the driver via Windows Update, please try the steps below, then repeat the action of using DDU and manually installing Crimson 16.9.2.

Please use the following link to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10. Additionally, please make sure get updates for other Microsoft products is not enabled. One final step, which may be necessary to stop Windows 10 from forcing a driver update onto your system is to hide an update from Windows. Download the show or hide updates troubleshooter package to hide this driver update so it will never automatically install. Once you run the troubleshooter pacakge, it may find one or two AMD files available via Windows Update. Uncheck and hide these files and then click next. Once that is finished, navigate to C: > AMD folder and delete the content of the folder. You can now proceed with reinstalling 16.9.2.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      lixon

Sorry for the late answer. Was busy with work and the try to resolve it got postponed.

So i did try to hide those updates, as i found out that Microsoft do try to update the graphic driver, and that update is more than a year old, so that's why AMD settings loose track of the driver.

Yesterday i hided that update, cleaned the graphic driver, and reinstalled it, but this morning i checked, and microsoft still updated it back again. Will try it again, hide it several times if necessary and see if it works.