- Graphics Card
- MSI Gaming RX 480 8GB
- Desktop or Laptop System
- If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
- Operating System
- E.g. Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed
- AMD Overdrive
- Display Devices
- Cannot access as of right now
- MSI b150 PC MATE
- INTEL i5 6500
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- EVGA 650W Gold
Describe your issue:
- Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
So this evening I was curious as to how I could control my GPU fan speed as I already know how to control my case fans using SpeedFan. I installed AMD's Overdrive into my main 1TB mechanical harddrive and as soon it was installed I get the blue screen of death saying that system thread exception cannot be handled and aoddriver2.sys. My pc keeps restarting on an endless loop unless if I boot it into safe mode (which I did to try uninstall the graphics card driver but it did not work). I am now in CMD from the troubleshoot option in advanced boot options scanning for corrupt files.
- Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
Logging in is an issue as I have to be extremely quick to log in before getting the BSOD. Even then, after logging in i'll get it anyway almost immediately.
- Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
- If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue