AnsweredAssumed Answered

Accelerometer.exe unable to start correctly

Question asked by cloudchaser on Nov 14, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 by cloudchaser

In the very early morning hours of November 12, I turned my laptop on for the first time in a month.  AMD Radeon wanted to download and install updates, something which I allowed.  Ever since then, at every startup, I get the following error popup and it stays on top of everything until I click OK.

AccelerometerSt.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application.

The exe is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP 3D DriveGuard\AccelerometerSt.exe

If I put that in a windows explorer bar and hit the Enter key, I get a stays on top error popup that says the following

AccelorometerSt.exe - System error

The program can't start because mfc120u.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I'm no computer technician, but I know what it does.  It's what detects if my laptop is dropped and snaps the hard drive reader arm back into its resting spot before impact to prevent a head crash which would destroy the hard drive.

On your FAQ page, I searched for  AccelorometerSt.exe and "unable to start correctly" and both got "no results found."  I also tried the same searches at the support forum and found nothing relevant to my problem

I also tried https://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form and all that's on the page is a language selection dropdown box, there is no form.

I need to know the exact page where I can go to download the install file needed to fix the problem.

Outcomes