2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2016 8:38 AM by cloudchaser

Accelerometer.exe unable to start correctly

cloudchaser

In the very early morning hours of November 12, I turned my laptop on for the first time in a month.  AMD Radeon wanted to download and install updates, something which I allowed.  Ever since then, at every startup, I get the following error popup and it stays on top of everything until I click OK.

AccelerometerSt.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b). Click OK to close the application.

The exe is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hewlett-Packard\HP 3D DriveGuard\AccelerometerSt.exe

If I put that in a windows explorer bar and hit the Enter key, I get a stays on top error popup that says the following

AccelorometerSt.exe - System error

The program can't start because mfc120u.dll is missing from your computer.  Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I'm no computer technician, but I know what it does.  It's what detects if my laptop is dropped and snaps the hard drive reader arm back into its resting spot before impact to prevent a head crash which would destroy the hard drive.

On your FAQ page, I searched for  AccelorometerSt.exe and "unable to start correctly" and both got "no results found."  I also tried the same searches at the support forum and found nothing relevant to my problem

I also tried https://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form and all that's on the page is a language selection dropdown box, there is no form.

I need to know the exact page where I can go to download the install file needed to fix the problem.