1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 3:58 AM by amdmatt

Does 5800K APU(7660D GPU) support AMD Fluid Motion?

kungmo

Hello.

I am using AMD 5800K APU (includes 7660D) and operating system is Windows 10 64 bit RS1. I got to know GPUs made with GCN 1.0 or higher architecture support AMD Fluid Motion. I figured it out 7660D GPU made with GCN 1.0, so this GPU supports AMD Fluid Motion. (although it doesn't support fully like GCN 1.1 or higher GPUs)

I installed Bluesky frame rate converter, Potplayer, set [Enable AFM] option, and it works. But it only works at 24p Mode 1 and 2. It doesn't be activated 30p.

I tried whether 24p to 60p video upconverted or not, and it works fine. But 30p to 60p didn't work.

So I started to investigate why it does not suport 30p.

At that time, my graphics driver version was Catalyst 15.7.1(7/29/2015 release date). I thought its driver date is so dated, so I tried to install newer version. My APU is somewhat old enough, So AMD provides Crimson edition driver 16.2.1 Beta(3/1/2016 release date) only. I have no choise but to install this beta driver for 5800K APU.

After installaion, Bluesky frame rate converter was activated both 24p and 30p. I thought it will be all right then.

When I play both 24p and 30p video file, it sure upconverted but...

Both video file shows only pure GREEN screen. I cannot see any video but green screen.

Could I solve this problem?

And, is AMD planning to make new Crimson driver for legacy APUs(GPUs) that support AFM?

• Re: Does 5800K APU(7660D GPU) support AMD Fluid Motion?
          amdmatt

The 6800K APU and integrated GPU 7660D series has reached peak optimisation and been moved to legacy status, there will not be any further driver updates for your product. More information available here.

The latest Crimson driver for your system is 16.2.1 and is available here.

The last Catalyst driver for your system is 15.11.1 Beta and is available here.

I would recommend using DDU to sweep your system of AMD drivers, and then trying the drivers above to see if they resolve your issue.