4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 8:38 AM by Hardwood

Windows 10 Three Displays Not Working

hazyarc

I recently purchased a new desktop to replace my aging one.  My new desktop is an Optiplex 7040 running Windows 10 with an AMD Radeon R7 350X.  My previous desktop was an Optiplex 790 with an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

I have a three display setup with an active displayport adapter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XXPYTAG/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1).  One monitor is connected via DVI straight from the card, one is connected via Displayport behind the adapter, and the other is an LG HDTV that is connected behind the displayport adapter via Displayport - HDMI adapter.

I had no issues with using all three monitors simultaneously (extended desktop on each) on the old Windows 7 desktop and Radeon 6450.  I have been unable to get all three to work on the new desktop with Windows 10.  Windows detects all three monitors (see screenshot), but when I try to extend the desktop to the third monitor, I get a message that states "The display settings could not be saved".

AMD Control Center only sees two displays at a time (see second screenshot).  I can force it to extend on one or the other, but it turns off one monitor each time I do so.  I'm using Radeon Software Version 16.11.3 and a driver version of 21.19.160.769 which both appear to the be the most up-to-date versions.  Interestingly, when I swap the extend to the TV, the AMD software sees the TV as "no monitor connected", even though it's extended desktop and working at 1920x1080 (see third screenshot).

What am I missing?  I'm tempted to yank the card out of my old desktop to see if it will work - but this is frustrating!