4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2016 1:06 AM by southbay

which processor works w/mac OS 10.+

southbay

Which processor works w/mac OS 10.+

• Re: which processor works w/mac OS 10.+

Hello there,

The best processors for Apple OS X or macOS are from Intel, because macOS is developed for Intel processors. But some hackers hack that limits and  enable selected AMD processors to run some Hackintosh system.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              southbay

Apple pushes Intel all the way, you are right. Have used an Amd processor for past 12 years guess it is time switch if i break from win os, do not like the telemetry used in newer win os.  Apple support: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202328

System requirements OS X Lion/Mac OS X v10.6

System requirements for OS X Lion/Mac OS X v10.6.

OS X Lion system requirements

Use Lion, make sure your PC has the following:

An Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor

Mac OS X v10.6.6 or later to install via the Mac App Store (v10.6.8 recommended)

7 GB of available disk space

2 GB of RAM

If Mac does not meet these requirements, upgrade the Mac before installing Lion.

See OS X Lion - Technical Specifications.

Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard system requirements

To install Snow Leopard for the first time, must have a Mac with:

An Intel processor

An internal or external DVD drive, or DVD or CD Sharing

At least 1 GB of RAM (additional RAM is recommended)

A built-in display or a display connected to an Apple-supplied video card supported by your computer

At least 5 GB of disk space available, or 7 GB of disk space if you install the developer tools.

Thanks.

I have to say one more thing, Apple Mac OS X, OS X or macOS is designed for Apple Macintosh computer, the whole system, rather than the processor. Even you have that processor, you might also find troubles to make it work on your system. So my suggestion, never waste time to put that O/S on your customised or other OEM PCs, only if you want to have a fun rather than have a work. Purchasing a latest miniMac might be the most economic thing to experience the latest version of macOS, to replace your case to connect to TV directly.

There are some differences between AMD64 and Intel 64 processors on their ISA and the way they work. OS X is programmed for certain specific processors rather than a common architecture. That is the most prominent distinction comparing with other modern O/S, including Microsoft Windows.

Best Regards,

Aaron Janagewen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  southbay

Not aware of difference between Industry Standard Architecture other than nomenclature, so am considering a Linux os... Mac os is just as bad if not worse in gathering telemetry imagine the rest of the os are just as bad.  Windows offers more choices but am ready for a change.  Happy holidays thanks.