2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 7:45 PM by goodplay

3 month old Sapphire Nitro R9 380 suddenly prevents computer from booting up

xtaylorm

I was doing homework on my PC that I recently built about 4 months ago when suddenly my display went black and my computer became non-responsive. Strange. I rebooted the PC and noticed that it kept turning itself off before ever loading the display.

I took off the case and initially tried moving the GPU to another slot. Still wouldn't boot.

I moved the RAM to different slots. Still wouldn't boot.

I checked and unplug/plugged back in the VGA Cables (8-pin and 6+2 pin x2). I even used brand new VGA Cables. Still wouldn't boot.

I then decided to take out the GPU completely and connected my monitor to the Standard VGA Adapater built into the Motherboard. Voila, the computer got past the boot cycle and loaded up Windows.

So my initial hunch is that my Sapphire Nitro R9 380 graphics card is at fault which is hard to believe as it is only 4 months old. Is there anything else I can do to try to remedy the situation before I try to contact the manufacturer and find out if I'm still under warranty?

SPECS:

GPU : Sapphire Nitro R9 380

PSU : EVGA Supernova 750G

Motherboard : Gigabyte 7170X - Gaming 3

Cooler ; Arctic Freezer i11