1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 5:52 AM by amdmatt

GA-MA790X-UD4P Legacy Drivers

xenos

Hey there, this motherboard is indeed a dino and indeed not intended to support Win 10. But alas here i am trying to see if i can get it to work. I've been having a number of issues with the system, which started while in Win7, after a format i was forced into Win10 due to not being able to get the updates to work correctly for 7 anymore. This made new issues, and i get a number of crashes.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{8D8F4F83-3594-4F07-8369-FC3C3CAE4919}

and APPID

{F72671A9-012C-4725-9D2F-2A4D32D65169}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I have an idea how to fix that, but when i tried it before a dozen other errors poped up which resulted in me needing to do a new fresh iso instal of win10. I feel like i should be on the Microsoft forums with this.. so i will stop rambling!

What i am looking for, is to see if the chip set for that mobo has a more updated option, which may or may not resolve one of my issues. Or at the very least eliminate it as a likely suspect. That issue being when the system does crash, it has difficulty rebooting, or even powering down. Hold the power down butten for a time and nothing happens. At other times (often) after a crash i can not get the system to boot. It powers up, but just sit there and nothing comes up on the screen. At times i can restart it a few times and it works, ive found nothing consistent that changes to get it to work. Today i tested a theory it might be CMOS related, as in, the little battery might be dead or some such. Well, i did not replace the battery yet, but i did reset the CMOS via the little tongs on the mobo and it was able to start right up no issues.

So is Legacy the correct drivers, or could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

~Michael