56 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2016 3:14 AM by cramdime

Stream. Watch. Win.

AMD_StreamWatchWin_Twitch_Banner_2600x480.jpg

Hey Red Team!

For the next 5 weeks we'll be sponsoring GPU giveaways with 10 amazing streamers with our Stream. Watch. Win. program!

Be sure to give all the streamers a follow for your chance to win a Sapphire RX 400 series GPU!

Thanks to k4iley, ZeroSuitSonia, Gildersneeze, Indie, Patty, Not_Jenn, TinaDayton, & Nelstar15 for the terrific streams! This week will be JordanIndiana & NickiTaylor. Make sure to give their channels a follow & check out their streams!

• Re: Stream. Watch. Win.
          adr_tech

NICE!! FREE STUFF

darkwolfca

I look forward to checking out some new streamers

anonynamja

Will these be on the AMD twitch or their own channels?

neuromantis

Nice, I'll make sure and try to watch them all

teeblack

nice ill have to check them out.

blazek

That's awesome! - Great promo as well, happy to see the AMD stream team doing this.

Hey Everybody!

Posted the dates the that the streams are happening as well as where you can find the GPUs that they are giving away. If you don't win one, you can still pick one up from Amazon or Newegg

Hope everyone enjoys the streams!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        tos=blackdeath

I'm ready to check out some new streamers, might find some that will make me want to come back for more

tos=blackdeath

I enjoy the Red Team streamers they all act like adults, i've made friends with a few of them,

L4d

Thank you for updating this with the stream dates and product links!

kirkyeehee

Great to see how supportive amd is with their fanbase.

devinedragoon

Sooooo yeah about the ZerosuitSonia  one she is australian so the giveaway was at like 5am us time and she never  responded on twitter times even when i tweeted her several days ago

ozsiix

Awesome <3 AMD <3

modder

Awesome giveaway guys and new streamers as well

allkindsofbad

Thanks Kelly (and everyone else), this is pretty awesome.

maxxhew

Is there a wsy to figure out what games each one streams?  Or is our only option to just follow all, then when they stream/go live... visit their channel and hope it is a game we enjoy watching?

If you go to their channel, most of the times it'll show you what kind of games they play. Some are variety streamers while some have dedicated types of games. I do know that Indie will be playing Civ VI on his stream on Saturday.

Nelstar15 tends to focus on Elder Scrolls Online & aplatypuss mainly streams LoL. JordanIndiana does a mix of speedruns, star wars based games, & creative streams, whereas not_jenn & tinadayton play a little bit of everything.

I tried to find a nice group variety. Most of the streamers I choose because I wanted to make sure there was something for everyone. Even if LoL or ESO or speedruns aren't your thing, I still highly recommend giving their streams a try because they are all entertaining broadcasters.

xxmicrosoxx

This is awesome and it's one great way to get the word out there and help other streamers that support what AMD does. I haven't seen something like this before and I think its great!

L4d

not_jenn requires approximately 83.3 hours not talking and 55.5 hours talking every 5 minutes to get the maximum amount of 1,000 tickets (1 ticket not talking or 1.5 tickets talking per 5 minutes). Gildersneeze required watch time to buy tickets, too. I wish I knew this beforehand!

dripandrip

She wants to give her loyal viewers the best chance of winning (which I respect) and not just give randoms that are giveaway hopping an equal chance of winning as her loyal viewers. It also reduces the chances for people that have multiple giveaway accounts

To be fair, we did mention nearly 3 weeks ago to go check out their streams. We let the streamers decide how to run the giveaways, but most let us know that they were going to be doing it through Revlo (the same system we use on our twitch channel).

There's 4 more chances to win. I highly recommend checking out at least 1 or 2 of the upcoming streamer's streams before the giveaways as I believe most of the remaining broadcasters will also be using revlo.

californicated

all the streams so far have been professional. but i had a problem and became very upset at the stream of tina dayton.   i have not had any problems with any streams that amd associated itself with especially giveaway events.  i have enjoyed all of them except today.   i tweeted her earlier this week on november 29th as i was potentially a new viewer and saw that she was not streaming during her posted schedule on her twitch page.  i was very confused.  tina never tweeted me back or made any general announcements about streaming.  they were all last minute tweets.  if she has time to tweet at all she should at least tweet and respond the the potential viewer who was confused and had asked two questions about streaming and her schedule.  i really no idea of her situation or circumstances this month but i was trying to guess as i had no information.  the stream that i could get actually get a bit of and view was the last day of the giveaway.  her mods excuse today  was she was moving and thanksgiving.  well thanksgiving was last week.  the mod banned me for several hundred seconds as i was asking questions about such matters.  afterwards i told them the reason why i was upset and suggested that she change her twitch page so their is no confusion.  i told them it was not difficult to do so.  i got banned permanently by the unprofessional mod and stream.  i saw no breaking of any rules in chat but the mod did not want to hear it so he/she just banned me.  i will be writing to the people who is in charge of these events and amd. 

dripandrip

I wasn't a fan of ZeroSuitSonia or TinaDayton. I missed ZeroSuitSonias stream completely because she is a different time zone and only tweeted about the stream time about 30 minutes before hand. She also was unresponsive in her chat, I was trying to figure out what her stream schedule was. She didn't respond at all and her mods didn't either.

I did not like TinaDaytons mods either. And she was like 'I don't care I trust my mods judgement' at some point in the stream. Mods are human they make errors. But she has ruled that out as a possibility. I also cheered in her channel at some point and got no thanks for it. Overall not the best attitude.

K4iley Indie and Not_Jenn were pretty great imo. I honestly don't remember the other few very well.

I'm sure Nelstar15 will be solid too. I've been watching his stream when I get the chance. Cool guy. Even as a Panthers fan

californicated

it was like an adhd stream schedule.

Hey Guys!

Friendly reminder that we are aware that not all of these streamers are going to be your new favorite streamers. We picked a wide variety so that everyone can find something that they would like.

With that being said, please remember to be respectful of the streamers and their communities when you visit their channel. We would love to do something like this again, however people will be less inclined to participate if respect isn't shown to their channels.

Additionally, a lot of these people have thousands of followers on both Twitch & Twitter. Answering every tweet to them isn't feasible. If you have questions about stream times you're more than welcome to follow the AMDGaming Twitter account, where we've been tweeting out the times that these broadcasters have been going live. Also please remember that it is the holiday season and that streams from these folks might not follow a regular schedule.

We informed the broadcasters that they could run the giveaways however they pleased with a few guidelines. All of them have been conducted in what we consider a fair manner. Additionally we have no influence on how the broadcasters run their channel. If their mods believed you violated the rules by either being rude or not conducting yourself in a positive manner, then they are perfectly within their right to take action against you. Please remember to be cordial. These streamers took time out of their normal schedules to participate in this promotion and so please remember that when you visit their channel.

We really appreciate the feedback, and hope you guys enjoy the remainder of the streams.

~Kelly

neon

Thanks for choosing a variety of streamers. It has given me a reason to try to expand my stream viewing. So far, there have been 1-2 streams that I will not be visiting again, and 1-2 streams that I likely will visit again.

For the giveaways, most of the streamers have been clear about their particular rules, but a few seemed to kind of "wing it", which is an area of potential improvement. Also, Nelstar15 had technical difficulties beyond his control when Revlo servers were inoperative during his drawing. He handled the situation as well as possible under the circumstances. Overall, not everything has been perfect, but it's been a fun experience so far. I hope that all participants appreciate AMD's - and the hardware vendors' - outreach.

kxuping

Maybe i was unlucky, but they dont follow their own schedule. lol

Watched a few streams of each streamer previous to the giveaways and lost interest.

The good part is that their old fans got a chance to win an AMD prize.

Hey Guys!

Just a quick update. Unfortunately aplatypuss had to drop out due to personal issues. I'm working on a replacement for his stream, but will update the main post as soon as I lock down a replacement ^_^

~Kelly

locodave00

This is amazing, incredible and awesome, I hope everyone enjoy's the the streams as much as I do, GL on give away's all

darkwolfca

I have enjoyed watching all the streamers so far and that sucks about aplattypuss hope all is good for him, I also direct messaged you a idea on someone I think would be a good fit as a replacement  as always keep up the great work.

Heyo!

Just a quick update. Found a replacement for aplaytpuss. Her twitch name is NickiTaylor and she's a League streamer (who also dabbles in other esports games). She'll most likely be streaming on the 10th or the 11th. I highly recommend starting to check her channel out.

I'll update the main post when I get a finalized date from her.

~Kelly

dripandrip

NickiTaylor!!! I have been watching her since a few weeks after joining twitch. Cool streamer, lots of positive energy. She sang Pokemon and a few other songs I asked her to sing while playing LOL before. She's unfortunately not been as consistent with her stream schedule lately(pretty sure she was busy with life so shes been streaming when she can).

Thanks for the update

Yeah! I'm super excited to have her on the list.

Since it's the holidays in the States (with Thanksgiving being recently & then Christmas/Hanukkah) a lot of people have erratic schedules, which is why I'm even more grateful for these streamers agreeing to do this program.

Please do not bug the streamers about their schedules because I know Nicki is taking time out of her personal life & professional schedule to do this for us, so make sure to send her some love. ^_^

kxuping

Yesterday stream was good Star Wars game from JordanIndiana and the people in his channel was super friendly answering question. 4 me this is the best stream up to day from this stream watch win. As with others I watch some streams from him before the giveaway.

To build off what Kelly said, and to give you a perspective from the side of the streamer.

Many times it is hard for a caster to reply to a tweet or stay completely on top of chat. People are constantly tweeting at me, and I do my absolute best to reply, or just even like the tweets that come my way.

Some days it can get quite overwhelming. You also have to remember that most streamers have full time jobs. So, while it may be a good time for you to tweet them, they may be neck deep in work at the time. Keep in mind, we also go hours without checking twitter, then your tweet is buried. We're human, but we do our best to keep in touch with everyone.

In the actual channel, you have to remember the streamer is playing a game. If we were to look at EVERY chat line, we'd never do anything in game. It is impossible to keep up with chat 100%. Also, many of you saw how toxic my channel became when Revlo crashed. So, on top of trying to notice every person in the chat, I also had to deflect the toxicity away from my community.

As for mods, this goes for ANY channel you in on Twitch, they are an extension of the broadcaster. There's a post that is circling the Twitch Twitterverse that goes into detail what mods actual do, and who they actually are, for these broadcasters. Every caster I know has 100% confidence in their mods, and will not question what they do or why they did it. They are there to be active in chat, while taking care to clear the toxicity. They are there to be the interaction when the caster misses a chat line. Remember, modding isn't a paid position, but a hobby for most. And most mods act, and chat, very similar to the caster for which they are modding. So, when they say/do something in a channel, please respect that.

On top of all the formalities above, this was a really cool opportunity for both us casters, and you viewers. For us, we were introduced to some new names in chat. We got to interact with new, and interesting, people. For the viewers, you got to see new streamers away from the channels you frequent. Maybe you even found a new community to be apart of outside of the giveaway. If you didn't like a certain caster, then don't go back. BUT do not put them on blast because you didn't like them, their content, their community, how they handle themselves, or how their channel runs. Every caster on Twitch does things differently, and if you don't like the way one does it, move on to the next.

On to the schedule issues. Most streamers are strict about broadcasting at set times, while some aren't. Most streamers do indeed tweet when they're going live, and usually about the time earlier in the day as well. If said streamer is not showing up during a posted schedule, 9 times out of 10, there is a reason behind that. Streamers are people too (I PROMISE WE ARE!!) and life can bring us down. Go check out their Twitter. Casters will pin life updates, or even schedule updates, to inform their community what's going on.

I really had a BLAST doing this for y'all, and I hope you just as much fun. It's a cool experience, and to be able to giveaway such an awesome GPU is amazing!

Huge thanks to Kelly for rocking this program! I had a blast, and look forward to streaming for this community

cramdime

Only caught a few of the streams, but congrats! #WillNeverGetSocialEatingThough