4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 5:15 AM by fsadough

Dell T5810 XL - Dual FirePro W4100 - Constant Crashing

hereticorp

As with so many other people lately, I'm having crashing issues with the FirePro W4100 card on my Dell Precision T5810XL.

The crashes happen randomly, I can be browsing a web page and have it crash, I can be using a simulator program that's heavy on graphics and it will definitely crash.

The machine is running an Intel Xeon E5-1620 v4 @ 3.50GHz with 16GB of RAM.

Operating system is Windows 10 Enterprise (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release_inmarket.161014-1755) - This is the Redstone Anniversary Update to the best of my knowledge.

All security updates have been installed, the current BETA driver version is installed 16.40.2715. From here: Workstation However, I notice that the "Release Date" on that page is 10/7/2016. I have a file downloaded on 10/2/2016 labeled 16.40.2715-beta-firepro-windows-retail.exe that is supposedly the same version, so what's up with that? The files are exactly the same size and list the same software version. The installer says that the version is already installed. So I think someone needs to fix the release date on that Beta download.

This package is labeled as compatible with the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

All the BIOS updates from Dell have been installed.

There are 5 monitors present on the system and I am using the mDP to DP adapters provided with the cards. Four of the monitors are Dell P2210s running on Display Port cables. Resolution is 1680x1050. The fifth monitor is a Dell 2410 running on a Display Port cable, resolution 1200x1920 (Portrait Mode).

I have installed previous versions of the drivers, I have done a completely clean install, I have removed one of the cards, I have removed all monitors except one on one card.

The single monitor I tried was a Dell 2410 at 1680x1050, it was tried with a single AMD FirePro W4100 card installed. The crashes continued to happen.

I have attached a DXDiag report and a redacted Belarc report.

DXDiag: Dropbox - DxDiag.txt

Belarc: Dropbox - (YOUDONTNEEDTOKNOW).html

Thank you for your help.