- Is the 5th monitor daisy chained? where is it connected to?
- Try to uninstall all the existing driver using DDU
Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.104.22.168
- Install the driver from DELL
AMD FirePro Driver 15.201.2401 for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit). Driver Details | Dell US
1. There are TWO FirePro W4100 cards in the system. 3 2210 monitors and the 2410 are on Card 1, the fourth 2210 is on Card 2. I mentioned two cards in the first post, and noted that I had removed one, and 4 of the 5 monitors to test. The crash still happens with one card, and one monitor.
2. Did that.
3. Did that too. Crashes still happen.
I started with a blank slate, let Windows install the driver. Crash.
I removed all drivers with DDU and installed the Dell driver. Crash.
I removed all drivers with DDU and installed the release version of the FirePro drivers from AMD.com. Crash.
I removed all drivers with DDU and installed the beta version of the FirePro drivers from AMD.com. Crash.
None of these crashes are system-killing, the screens go blank, flicker, then everything comes back. Any application using Direct3D has to be closed via right-click on the taskbar. Any fullscreen app will not maximize and has to be restarted. But the sound and controls for the D3D apps remain available after the video driver recovers, it's only the graphical interface that is unavailable.
Please contact DELL and RMA the card.