1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 12:12 PM by kingfish

Having problems with determining which display driver is working.

jandeman

Hey guys,

Im having an issue with my display driver(s). I've got the MSI GX70 3BE/GX70 notebook (link to the site from msi with the laptop description: GX70 3BE/GX70 | MSI Global | Laptops - The best gaming laptop provider ).

It states that my displaydriver should be:

• AMD Radeon™ HD 8970M Discrete Class Graphics

A few months ago i had to reset my computer because of some issues with windows, and after that the issue started.

When i try to use the AMD autodetectutility software it states that i need the 15.7.1 radeon driver software for the card AMD radeon 8650G while MSI states i have the 8970M one.

I am only able to update this 8650G driver but not my 8970M driver used for gaming. When i try to install the AMD catelyst crimson edition by hand i get a message that installing the driver software is not compatible with the 8650G driver.

I've tried to just install the 15.7.1 update to see how it will make my gaming experience. In the first moments it handles everything OK, but after a few hours it seems that the driver doesnt 'use' the update since i get black screen flashes and i cant start up some games.

As of now i have deinstalled all my AMD software, so i can reinstall it from scratch. I dont really have much hope that this issue can be solved.

I really hope there is a solution where i can update both my normal driver and my gaming driver, and i really hope someone can help me out here.

Kind regards.