2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 3:01 PM by catchabreak

I am trying to find the actual drivers for Aspire 3000LCI Mobile AMD Sempron Processor 3000+ running Windows Vista Home.  I am trying to replace the generic Win drivers. 

tankonpoint

I would be getting this info from the Acer support site but when i try to register my device, it tells me the Serial Number (the one on the bottom of this laptop and the identical one the serialnumberdetectiontool gave me) does not exist and therefore cant sign up! 

Also, is there another designation for the processor that is more official than in my question?  (I've run across "ZL5" as another designation for the 3000, or 3000, or 3003LCI)   Acer 's model name designation quandary and serial # i went to the AMD site thinking, "Manufacturer should have an easily searchable library of drivers; oh, no!  I tried AMD Sempron processor, and various other strings of letters later (found in the device driver info details) gave me absolutely nothing!  So i threw up my hands and then came here. 

I will impart that i'm an above average user and usually adept at fixing driver issues, but this one has me stumped.  So i welcome any links to the same type of query or a shove in the right direction with a solution!  

[this is my first question EVER posted to a support community.  And I've lots of experience since starting on an Apple IIe's in computer club in middle school!)

Tanks for your attention!

Tom K