5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2016 9:30 PM by pfizerbob2000

NEW fx-8350 running at 79C. Is this ok?

pfizerbob2000

So I noticed when I play games like Far Cry 4 and Mirrors Edge Catalyst, my fans ramp up. I opened HW Monitor, and my cpu avg temp under load is 77C (170F) and maxing at 79C(174F).  These temps seem a little high... Is this cause for concern? Running stock cooler and paste that shipped with the cpu. No overclocking. IDLE Temp is 112 F

SPECS:

AMD FX8350 8 core cpu

MSI Geforce GTX 960 4 gb Arctic

16 GB Gskill Ripjaws

Samsung EVO SSD HDD 240GB

Win 10 Home

900 Watt Corsair PSU

• Re: NEW fx-8350 running at 79C. Is this ok?
          black_zion

Is that the core temperature? 61°C is the thermal maximum and you would be getting errors if it was actually in the 70s. The CPU temperature is meaningless, the core temperature means everything.

Capture.PNG

pfizerbob2000

Left column is the lowest right column is the highest. This is after 10 minutes of Mirror's Edge

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Nov 3, 2016 at 7:44 PM, black_zion<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:  

|

Community 

Re: NEW fx-8350 running at 79C. Is this ok?

in Processors 

Is that the core temperature? 61°C is the thermal maximum and you would be getting errors if it was actually in the 70s. The CPU temperature is meaningless, the core temperature means everything.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|

catchabreak

Definitely not!  under 60c perfect, 60-65 not great, 65-70C chip starts frying, 70C+ waiting for chip to go bang.

Buy a high quality Air/fan cooler or an AOI radiator/fan system. I'm using a Artic Liquid Freezer 120 and that keeps temps below 60C on my FX 8350 cpu. Most air/fan systems are only checked with Intel cpu`s so don't go on there so called recommendations unless they at actually using a FX 8350 to test temps with. Most of the Intel cpu`s use less power and can run at  high temps to around 90C.

pfizerbob2000

I left the PC off and researched...found that the stock cooler that comes with the cpu, is not big enough and it is a HUGE problem. I found most people went with the cooler Master 212 evo. Although huge and difficult to install, the cpu hangs around 19c idle and 51 under load. I didn't use the cm paste that came with the evo tho...used Artic Silver 9%. Also had to floss the cpu off the stock cooler lol... I have a large case and this 212 Evo is 1/8 of an inch from the access panel LOL

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Fri, Nov 4, 2016 at 1:55 PM, catchabreak<amd-external@jiveon.com> wrote:  

|

Community 

Re: NEW fx-8350 running at 79C. Is this ok?

in Processors 

Definitely not!  under 60c perfect, 60-65 not great, 65-70C chip starts frying, 70C+ waiting for chip to go bang.

Buy a high quality Air/fan cooler or an AOI radiator/fan system. I'm using a Artic Liquid Freezer 120 and that keeps temps below 60C on my FX 8350 cpu. Most air/fan systems are only checked with Intel cpu`s so don't go on there so called recommendations unless they at actually using a FX 8350 to test temps with. Most of the Intel cpu`s use less power and can run at  high temps to around 90C.

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Community

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

- Go to the message on Community (you’ll need to log in).

- Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

- Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

This email was sent by Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

|