• Motherboard
        • ASUS X99-A II / ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel i7 6800k
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Xilence 830 Watt
      • RAM
        • 4x8GB G.Skill RipJaws 4 RED

Third Post and hopefully my last posting that AMD remind me that there are some People outside which have problems.

After terrible two month of try & error principe i found out that the AMD Crimson Drivers causes the issues with DPC / ISR Dropouts under Windows 7 and Windows 10.
      I ended up currently with Windows 10 and still have the problems while i'm using the driver from Crimson 16.6.1. Doesn't matter if it's under Windows 7 or 10, old or new drivers.
      Sometimes the Graphicdriver crashes while i start After Effects. Or all Windows in Windows (haha funny) are starting to flicker.

Updated the ASMedia Firmware (if i find one and that's the correct one) doesn't help, updated Intel ME to the newest Firmware, doesn't help either.

After starting a DirectX Software or watching a Video (which also uses DirectX) the whole USB Ports going crazy and the Sound is popping / crackling.
      I researched the whole web and tried so many things but don't find any solution. After corresponding with Intel they said that it NOT depend on the Intel Chipset.
      Otherwise i found out that i'm not alone. joltacks got an similar problem. Other Board, other CPU but theres one thing which is the same: The ASMedia USB Chip.

Then i searched deeper in the web and i found out that the ASMedia Chip on the X99 Board is in nearly in front of all Intel USB Ports ('cause the chip is acting like a USB Hub).
      The only solution i have is that ASMedia or AMD fixes the problem >>> NOW <<< or i have to switch back to NVIDIA, 'cause with my old NVIDIA GeForce 660 there are no problems and all things work pretty fine. But thats no solution for the problem. AMD: Whats up? Do i get now response after the third post?

Contact with Sapphire was funny as well:
      Sorry, but we cannot help with driver issues 'cause the drivers will be programmed and delivered from AMD itself. AMD don't give us an ability to contact them for driver issues. All you can do is to write in the Support Forum. Nice one AMD! *applause*

Sorry, cannot contact ASMedia. Can't write and read chinese -_-
      Wrote a loveletter to ASRock to inform them that there are some problems with the chip.

Sorry AMD. I was very long AMD fan (over 16 Years) and used AMD since the AMD Athlon X64 until the AMD 8320 (yeah. i bought it though it was "crap") and i bought an Radeon 390X 'cause i was a fan. But Problems like that in a new System, no transparency from AMD or response - anyway.. sorry that's terrible.

The GPU is working in the old AMD System like hell without a problem.

So don't say: The Graphiccard is broken. No... not really. Tested in 2 other Systems without problems.
      Don't ask me things like: Did you change any cables, did you use Display Driver uninstaller and so on, i mean Rookielike Questions. I build up Systems since nearly 22 years and know what i do.
      I changed everything, i tested with other hardware and the problem is still the same - The Driver or the Card don't like Intel.

Oh and i forgot, Latencymon under Windows 10 reports that there are high Dropouts with the following Files:
      dxgkrnl.sys (The DirectX Kernel)
      usbport.sys

Greetings
      Chris

• Re: [ISSUE] ASMedia USB seems to have Problems with AMD Crimson Drivers
          nielsvds

Did you also tried to uninstall all universal serial bus controllers in device manager? If not, you can try that.  Right click on every instance and choose uninstall, reboot afterwards your pc and see if the issue reoccurs. Another thing you can try is to disable USB selective suspend.  Here you can find how to disable it: How to Fix an Annoying Windows USB Problem | Gizmo's Freeware

chrisk_by

UPDATE:

After checking the Global Settings of the GPU in the Crimson Settings i found out that if i activate Power Efficiency under normal Windows environment the sound crackle stops and everything seems to be fine. But ingame (tested with Star Wars Battlefront) the Sound crackles and poppin noises have a small comeback and the keyboard goes again in USB Error Mode.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              amdmatt

Sorry to hear you've been having so many issues. I'm using an X99 Motherboard with Asmedia and no issues like you have described here, so this is definitely not expected behaviour.

Can you tell me a little more about your system? For example, what devices have you got connected to it via USB?

What Motherboard bios version are you using?

Which Asmedia driver version are you using?

chrisk_by

Hi Matt and thx for your reply!

There have to be an issue with the driver.

After talking with Intel (Chipset X99), Microsoft (DirectX), ASRock (Bios Update / ASMedia conversation), ASUS and Sapphire (GPU Manufacturer) about the problem/issue everyone said it depends on the Driver from AMD. Then the best Question is: How to inform AMD about that? How to contact AMD that they'll talk to me and help me out with that issue? ASRock itself tested some possible solutions with me (every 10 minutes an e-mail and vice versa). But nothing helps.

On USB there are only Keyboard and a Mouse. Doesn't matter on which port.
                  Bios Version 3.10
                  Latest ASMedia Driver but tested it with the Stock driver from Microsoft too.

Anyway. After 2 Month of trying to get AMD to talk with me, help me out and nothing comes back i'm getting really disappointed about AMD and their connections with the endusers of a product. The only solution seems to be an fixed driver and after waiting for 3 new driver releases and trying so many things and solutions and whatever, i still bought me a NVIDIA Card. Sorry AMD, but as a big fan since over 16 years of buying and using AMD components there wasn't an other solution to fix the problem quickly. And 2 Month aren't really a quick time.

I can try to help you for further questions, 'cause i tested nearly anything possible from BIOS Settings until Windows Registry editing.
                  But for questions like: Test this please and this please it's too late.

Greetings from Germany

Chris

amdmatt

I'm not sure it's an issue with the driver, as you are the only one reporting this issue to us. That said, it needs more investigation and perhaps during that, we will be able to resolve the issue. Based on what you have described, it sounds more like a hardware fault. At this stage it could be several things as you mentioned the GPU is crashing, the monitor is flickering, and then there is the other issues you mentioned which I'd like to know more about.

Can you explain what you mean by this sentence 'After starting a DirectX Software or watching a Video (which also uses DirectX) the whole USB Ports going crazy and the Sound is popping / crackling.'

How do you know the USB ports are going crazy?

Is the crackling coming from the speakers or the USB ports?

Does it stop if you disconnect all USB devices?

I'm a little confused, you have mentioned two different Motherboards. Which one are you using which has this issue? I will assume from your post about you are using the Asrock board as i could not find a bios version with that string number under the Asus website.

chrisk_by

I'm not the only one. There are some people which have the same problems (found here in the forum).

I'll try to explain the issue again.

If i run an DirectX Software (f.e. Open Broadcaster Software which uses Direct 3D 11 Renderer, Games, Videos, Youtube - in fact: everything which uses DirectX) my USB Keyboard and Mouse hang up and begin to stutter. Seems like they shut off and going on very fast 'cause my Light from the Keyboard in the middle top is starting to flicker, and the mouse cursor is lagging over the screen. The Sound is crackling and sounds like an old vinyl on every low frequence (bass).

When i exit the Software everything wents normal.

The crackling comes directly from the Onboard Sound. The Soundchip (Realtek ALC1150) gets the Stock Microsoft Driver up to the newest (tested over 10 Drivers) and don't bring a solution.

When i disconnect all USB, even if i deactivate some options in BIOS the problem is still there.

First of all i build up a System with the ASUS X99-A II Mainboard (tested with the latest BIOS Update). I got the exact same issues and changed the Mainboard to a ASRock Fatal1ty X99X Killer which got the same issue. Bios Version: 3.10. I got some conversations with ASRock and explained the problem but they also think that it's the driver from AMD.

Greetings

Chris

amdmatt

Can you provide some links to others with the same issue? If so that may make a reproduction of the issue easier. So far i have been unable to reproduce the symptoms you have described on my test system using Asmedia USB drivers.

I'm starting to wonder if your GPU could be faulty. Do you have another GPU you can put into the system to test?

chrisk_by

The GPU isn't faulty, cause the GPU was running perfectly in my old System (AMD FX 8320).
                                  Joltacks seems to have the same problem while he has an ASMedia USB Hub Chip on his Board (Running AMD System).
                                  Re: keyboard disabling while watching youtube

You can search the board or the entire web with following tags to find some people with this problems:
                                  Latency, ISR, DSR, USB, Dropouts, Crackling, Popping, Sound, dxgkrnl, direct x

Sometimes you'll find older posts where the problem seems to be the network driver and sometimes it matches exactly with the issue i've had.

I tested the GPU Change too. Got an AMD Radeon 5XXX here and doesn't work either.
                                  With a NVIDIA GeForce 660 or the new one which i'll use currently GeForce 1070 the issue is gone.

Does it eventually depend on which ASMedia Chip it is and all USB Ports are normally Intel which runs over the ASMedia USB Chip which function as Hub.
                                  My Chip is an ASMedia 1042 and 1074 where you can find many issues in the deeps of the web.

amdmatt

Thanks for the extra info. I searched thoroughly through the web and this forum. Whilst i found many mentions of issues with sound crackling and dxgkrnl and audio drop outs, it seems to be a mixture of NVidia and AMD GPUs and there was no consistent pattern of the cause. I appreciate in your case it seems to be related to the AMD GPU, but despite my best efforts i have been unable to reproduce this on my systems with Asmedia USB ports using several different AMD GPUs.

I would like to see if our engineering department are able to reproduce the issue. Please can you attach (do not copy and paste) a DXDIAG report to your next response so we can test the issue using a similar system? Thanks.

chrisk_by

There's no difference if you use a mixed system with 2 GPUs (NVIDIA / AMD) 'cause i tested it under Windows 7 and Windows 10 (both 64 Bit) with the mixed Setup (NVIDIA GeForce 660 & AMD Radeon R9 390X) and without the mixed Setup. On both tests it got the same issue.

Unfortunately i got the AMD GPU back to the hardwaredealer. Anyhow i attached the dxdiag report 'cause the only thing which is an other is the GPU itself.
                                          I don't believe that the GPU itself is the issue and got some faulties, 'cause it ran perfectly in my old AMD System.

valigarmanda

Just started researching an issue that I've had with a new build for almost 3 weeks now and finally found this post! This appears to be exactly the same behavior that I'm seeing. The board is using an ASmedia USB controller along with the X99 chipset and the Radeon Video card.

I've built TWO systems using the following:

• AMD Graphics Card

XFX Radeon R9 390X R9-390X-8256

• Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

• Operating System

Windows 10 x64 (v1151, v1607)

• Driver version installed

AMD Crimson from June 2016 until now

• Display Devices

ASUS VS248H-P via HDMI and DVI

• Motherboard

MSI X99A XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99

• CPU/APU

Intel i7-6850K

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage

CORSAIR RMx Series RM1000X 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

• RAM

CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 (PC4 24000)Model CMD16GX4M2B3000C15

I thought I was going insane when the first machine started exhibiting issues with the USB dropping out randomly while using it, along with sound issues during directX enabled applications.

After several days of testing, I decided it must be a driver issue and that I would re-install, but first, I built an identical system and then ran into the same issue again! After troubleshooting by replacing driver after driver, I came to the conclusion that it hard to be an issue with the hardware compatibility. However, replacing hardware didn't seem to make a difference.

After reading this post, I found the 'Energy Efficiency' option in the Radeon Crimson driver settings and enabled it - The issue disappeared for the most part while just dealing with windows day to day operations. The USB does still cut out at random times, but it is severely less frequent that if the 'Energy Efficiency' option is turned off.

I thought I'd drop my experiences on this thread and hope that we can find a solution in the near future. I'll continue to research on my own as well

Attached is my DxDiag report as well if it's of any help. Also my full system info in case there are any questions about what the current configuration looks like.

chrisk_by

Yeah.. Looks exactly like the same issue.
                                  The Specs of the mainboard are nearly the same like mine. Theres only one difference is that you'll have 3 USB Chips. But anyway, you got the same USB Hub Chip - the ASMedia 1142 which is the same like on the two boards i've tested.

Hope they'll be find a fix for that problem.

The "Energy Option" Switch won't fix the Problem. If your GPU get overloaded with data and streams (like streaming with OBS and playing an actual game) you'll get the same problems, but not as many like the Switch is on Off. If you install the driver under Windows 10 you'll have to know that the Energy Option Switch the standard setting is off. Under Windows 7 it's on. Don't know why.

Do you have the sound cracks / poppings too?

florian512

any solution at these time? having input errors with my keyboard and color issues about webcam? Also random disconnects if i just start OBS or some games. I already renew my mainboard its brand new the usb devices working at other Computer. I tried different active and passive usb hubs but having the problem since a few weeks/month. Must i Buy an Nvidia card im happy with my amd card at this time. Dont Know what i can do ..

nalilord

Hey,

i have the exact same problem with my 390X's, the most annoying one is the sound popping and cracking.

I swapped the Mainboard from an ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10 to a Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming for testing, same sound issue. The Gigabyte board uses a Renesas controller, so this is not ASMedia related. My guessing is that the USB controller is just the scapegoat for a bigger problem.

I also have a pair of R9 270X and put one into my system and all problems are gone!

This all over reminds me of the crossfire multi-monitor V-Sync latency issue the drivers had some time ago... I dislike Nvidia and had ATI/AMD cards all my life, but this seems a good time to give team green a shot. To be honest, i don't think this will ever get fixed except the problems exists with newer cards?

//Edit (forgot to mention):

My current system:

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-X99-Ultra Gaming

CPU: Intel Core i7 6850K

Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX LED DDR4 3200

GPU: 2-Way Crossfire XFX R9 390X Double Dissipation Black Edition

PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1200W

PS.: I upgraded in December last year from Z97 with 4790K to the X99 with 6850K, on my Z97 system everything was fine!

florian512

The Problem was away and now its back. The Problem ist just there when i choose Direct 3d11 in OBS Studio (streaming software) instead of openGL. if i use openGL it works fine, i think i've a different problem as you or?

florian512

I can watch videos and Play new games (BF1 on Ultra settings) without problems. Its just in this one Programm, i just thought u have problems at any programm if the graphic card had to work.  I think its an problem with direct 3d 11 and dx 12 or something? I Dont know